• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, yep it's always small.

we are staying in perth for another few months, and then i think i am done with it. after being away for a few years, it is a fantastic place to come back to. the beaches are fantastic.... but it's always small and more crowded than anywhere i have ever seen

next time i am back in WA i'm moving down to margaret river (which is pretty much a southern suburb of perth anyway these days). i don't really care if i have a crappy job and am not making much cabbage, i just want to ride the lifestyle train for a while

yeah, it's not always small, and not always crowded, but man, you really have to work hard for your waves here.

heading to the mentawais in mid-late march for 6 months. that's the plan at this stage. i'm hoping it works out fantastically and we can spend the full season there for the next few years. it will be nice kicking around in a pair of boardshorts all day, surfing good waves and living on a beach

now that it's actually getting closer and not some pipe dream, it's kind of full on having to commit to this thing. we've only really just gotten set-up here, and having to bail again and be a nomad is both appealing and a little scary. plus we're broke!

but what's life without risk eh? i reckon it's as good a shot as any

Originally Posted By: spook
i dunno - why would you want to leave that fantastic little right you just posted pics of? \:\)

um, because its crap?

I couldnt go anyway, maybe one or two months at the most, in may-june but i would go to north sumatra, aceh. to get away from the boats.

won't you have to fly out every two months to renew your visa?

here's something bigger from a few months ago FT. just me and a mate out for a few hours by ourselves. very accessible solid surf, maybe triple head high on the drops

819067790_02f399b349.jpg

and this is another old one, from about a year ago:

392679393_b508eaa16c.jpg

no new pics in a while, have just been getting fun waves, but nothing super photo worthy

at least you'll be getting amongst the snow this winter!

i'm clinging to my 2 week holiday, but man i wanna do a season again soon. i love the feeling of being in tune wih the mountain and weather and getting your riding properly dialled

padang is it?

and did i miss something here, or did mantas just undergo the snip?

we'll be off siberut. the land is in front of a right called pitstops, which apparenetly has it's good days but is mostly a super playful wave. just around the corner is e-bay (where the wavepark resort is). my mate has bought some dugout canoes so we can paddle over here when we don't want to take a big smelly boat. i'm actually pretty pumped to paddle some canoes around with a board behind.

other nearby waves are nipussi, burgerworld, bank vaults, rifles, hideaways and kandui. i've never even been over, so i'm just taking his word for it.

he also reckons there's tons of unexplored nooks and crannies with great setups. he doesn't want to take guests to em, just keep em to ourselves

spookette has also been taking to the waves lately and is doing alright. she's only been out 3 times playing around in the whitewater but is standing up each time. this weekend she should get up on a few little waves at a protected spot. i'm hoping she gets to a reasonable beginner level this summer, so by the time we go over there she can surf the playful waves out the front. it will be cool to watch her surf fun consistent waves everyday and watch her progress really quickly