Spook, yeah sweep is a killer. Mate has a jet ski so will have to hook on with him.

I'm really hoping sth of the goldy or country Nth east coast of OZ. Finance jobs aren't abundant in the country so might have to do some hard yards on the G.C initially. I've never spent much time there so next April will be "R&D"/ surfing juku!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Indo
man boobs?

any you boys seen the swells hitting the Goldy?? ahh, only got to get through winter and it will my home stretch!

We are getting the dregs of it here.
The local beachies have been offering up a few little snappers.
I took these today between surfs (when I should really have been working)

DSCF0600.jpg

The Law......41 and still ripping!

DSCF0591.jpg

sounds good. whenever someone seems like they have a flexible lifestyle, i'm interested in what job they do.

i shouldn't get too excited, as nothing is certain yet, but one of my best mates has been in the mentawais for the past months and is setting up a surf resort for next year. he wants me to come over and help him run the place. there's a fun right straight out the front, and 10 waves within 30 min by foot or boat. i am psyched! only 6 months left of work (i need to save some cash) and then i'm off. i'm still going to sneak in 2 weeks snowboaring in japan in feb, then be in indo by mid-march

my girl is amping too, so i really hope it doesn't fall apart

I had a gig like that all lined up on just dreaming. Got to Bali, met my boss, came back 2 months and he'd sold the boat and wasn't needed. Was bummed for about 2 minutes the realised that I could just free surf all day anyway!

Mantas, nice pics, That first one has me imagining I'm grabbing my rail, just sitting there under the lip!

Originally Posted By: Mantas
Next your going to tell me you are going to get paid too.

nah.. just working for my waves! it'll be fairly hard yakka at the start, but yeah, it'll be great to actually do something that stokes me out. fit in a surf everyday, help build stuff, take people surfing and fishing... much better than putting a suit on everyday and sitting in an office

Sounds great mate.....hope it comes through for you. Surf your tits off every day and have a project to keep you busy too...

Indo, sounds like your getting more and more wave sick by the day.

i'm going down to margarets this weekend, and they're calling 18-20ft on saturday with light onshore winds, and easing (but still macking) on sunday with light offshore. eeeek

it is gonna be huuuuge

yup, heading down on friday night. meeting up with a mate down there, who loves the big stuff. i'm actually getting a bit nervous and scared. will probab;y try and hit yals on sunday for some big right peaks, and also because it's not a crazy heavy wave, so i should (hopefully) be able to deal with the size. maybe.

have laid of the piss the last few nights, been doing some strenthening exercises and light cardio. i'm also bringing down a 7'2" that's been gathering dust. i bought it 6 years ago in anticipation of a big day and have never needed it, but i think this weekend could be it (my normal gun is a 6'8").

sunday will be one of the swells of the year, and it will be all over the surf mags. light winds and a 5m swell. there should be some good pics of madmen charging 15ft margs, and blokes towing 50ft bombies.

phew... i'm getting psyched

Niice, normally I'd be frothing and hitting it up for sure, but riving here has taken a toll on my big wave skills!

Give me a month or 2 and I'll be back into it!

Should be some spots that rarely break firing at a fun size I would imagine..