Originally Posted By: Bushpig
Was just looking back through some of the pages of this thread and thought we need a bit of a photographic recap \:\) By the way, Mantas takes honours by a mile for providing heaps of pics (ones that still show anyway). Spook probably takes second.

i've been thinking about this BP. How may photos have we seen from Indo ????
The guy has probably surfed more good waves than any of us, yet where are the photos.

I'm starting to wonder weather he has made all this stuff up ??? confused.gif
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dunno what a poo moan is. poo man refers to a particularly ugly style of surfing, with the surfer standing with his legs too wide apart, and looking like he is trying to have a dump.

i guess the bodyboard equivalent would be someone trying to bus-drive down a wave

however, next time i take off on a wave i'm going to make some loud groaning sounds and see if i get a reaction

Originally Posted By: spook
 Originally Posted By: Indo
Most of the attacks in SA have occured on the west coast near Ceduna, Pt. Lincoln, Victor harbor (friend was taken there) and Aldinga. That attack 2-3 years ago at Glenelg was a shock.. 3-400m offshore.
You sound like you've spent abit of time over there TB?

Perth I think you'll find has had more attacks in metro areas.

a year or two before the fatal attack at north cott, about 2km further south a paddleski was attacked by a great white about 200m offshore. brian sierakowski was thrown into the water, but a nearby paddleski paddled over and he clambered on board and they got to shore safely. that (non-fatal) attack took place about 300m from 3 surf spots (coves, seconds, isos). that would make cottesloe one of the statiscally worst places for shark attacks. yet it is generally a safe family beach and it doesn't have any sort of spooky vibe to the place.
in the past 12 months there have been two other attacks in WA - one down in esperance and a small bronzie in the cocos islands bit a kid's leg. they're not perth realted, but it still seems like they're worth mentioning.

in australia at least, i would say SA has the worst record. sorry to hear about your mate indo. that is sad indeed.

i think the crazy thing about sharks is that there's not many activites you can do in the modern age where you run a (admittedly slight) risk of being eaten by a predator. we are so used to being the top of the food chain, that the thought of being munched by an animal seems more alarming more than car crashes etc etc.

Definitely!! Its a primordial fear, scarier than any car crash. I guess cos its the thought that this thing is actually eating you, often alive! It was definitely something that was evr present in my mind when I was in the water in Australia, whether that was in the sea and concerned with sharks or in the rivers and creeks and concerned with crocs! We'd always ask some locals about any swimming holes to make sure they were safe. I did find that the Aussie government was pretty good at erecting warning signs in most swimming holes.

damn! Nice slab of lip there on that knights shot! I used to drool over knights in my surfing mags.

That Irago shot looks pretty sweet Indo. Is that a typical wave or did you get one of those pics that actually makes it look better than it is?

Originally Posted By: spook
how sick is that right wedge!
is knights any good, or is it just a photogenic closeout?

Spook, it has it's day if the banks are there it can be an epic pit that is really makeable. Other times it's just a dark, sandy closeout. I have never done too well out there on my stick but on a lid I've had some epic pits.

BP, nah, that day was really good and it's a great spot when it's on. More pics to come.

CB, My bro goes both ways! actually he's sponno'd on both sides of the fence the jammy little prick.
 Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
I didnt have a choice :thefinger: If given a choice its a no brainer \:D

are we talking about going bodyboarding if you can't surf, or humping men if there's no women available? cos didn't the two of you just go camping on a remote beach together..... \:o