• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds good bushy. i've been trying to drag my missus out there. she likes the beach. she likes the ocean, she just doesn't seem to want to get on a board

would be ace to be able to share the stoke with the one you love.

oh well, at least she shreds on a snowboard.

yup, northies. seeing as it gets 30 people on it whenever it's good, it's hardly a secret spot!

it wasn't really doing it's thing though. was shutting down and not barelling. the locals were moaing about how crap it was, but i was happy to take some nice drops and race some sections

you got any pics bushy? did you and cb go away together?

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw some bloody good looking massive waves on the tv in the typhoon coverage. These things were A-framing and peeling away with an offshore wind. By the look of the mariner with boats in the foreground they must have been double to triple head height \:\)

Spook, had any decent surf in or near Perth recently?

been onshore for weeks.

this morning surfed lumpy head high scabs with a light offshore, but it was still wobbly from the storms. tomo will be offshore, but i think it will be small and kind of fat because the banks are so deep.

might go up to lanno on the weekend and hit hole in the wall. the barrels make the 20 minute paddle worthwhile....

oh yeah, snuck down to the south coast ont the weekend, and scored sunny, offshore beachies while the rest of WA was being hit with rain and wind, so pretty stoked with that.

there are so many bays to explore... all of em cop different swell and wind. we found a place that looks like a mini-mundaka - even with a small swell it was waaaaay to big, but you could just see that on the right conditions it would fire - 200m+ hollow lefts reeling through on a defined bank. it is on our radar next time conditions look good. it looks very fickle though. i reckon it would turn on maybe 10 times a yea

Originally Posted By: Bushpig
Just saw some bloody good looking massive waves on the tv in the typhoon coverage. These things were A-framing and peeling away with an offshore wind. By the look of the mariner with boats in the foreground they must have been double to triple head height \:\)

Where was it BP? usuallt they say where...
Good waves in Irago today. Only 1 place to really surf and they moved the WQS contest there! Might have to go for a drive early sat, but think it will be over by then.

It was off Kagoshima. Didn't catch exactly where though. Some surfer has gone missing out from Kochi (I think it was) I'm gonna try and poach some of the tail of this typhoon tomorrow avo up on the sea of Japan. Once it moves past here there should still be some swell pumping down \:\)

bushy - had a smoker this morning. chest-shoulder high, sucky right running along a shallow rippy bank. no pits but some nice round waves and good sections to belt.

i was riding an old egan twinny and it was super fun - lots of volume and really loose

was very tempted to blow work off and spend the day in the water... it was a tough decision to come into the office

nice! Scarbs? I was gonna hit the tail of th typhoon today but it is still lingering too close to where I wanted to go. Will wait till tomorrow. Although right now it is 3-4 m swell up there...

Was gonna hit Hamada area Indo. Nah CB, it really is in the middle of it at the moment. Pissing down elephants and cows up there all day today. It would be nice to sit and watch the rough sea, but it'll cost me 5000 yen to get up and back so I'll wait for tomorrow and take BPG thumbsup.gif

waves were huge yesterday at Fujisawa due to the proximity of the typhoon, in fact it was perfect for everyone, surfers were happy and so was I cos it was a great sunny day for a beach BBQ!!

Hope you score boys.Take some photos.

To change the subject a bit. Here are 2 photos of my local. Note the car on the beach. That's where I sometimes park and surf. The guy who took these photos on Monday said he counted 11 Whites in one day.

whites044Copy.jpg

whites003copy.jpg