there's a dredgey bank forming at city's, but it's not quite there yet.

it's too dark to surf before work at the moment though, and the weekend crowds are reee-dic-u-lous.

give it a month and it'll be light enough to surf everyday in the morning. sweeet!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coal coast??? Y ou mean south of Sydney. Could be Sandon point near Wolongong .

got a few nice waves up the coast last week while I was up there for work. The swell has backed off now. Howling offshore and bloody cold. Aussie snow fields are getting some good falls. We are going down next weekend. Should be fun. I haven't been for 4 years now

Originally Posted By: Mantas
The swell has backed off now. Howling offshore and bloody cold.

Did I say that ????? The swell is right back up again today, 6-8 foot sets hammering in again.

This is a classic winter

No mate. Thats from a web site. The photos are of Merewether in Newcastle. I

haven't been out much lately. Work is nuts. Been working 12-16 hour a day. \:\( Not good for you.

MALDIVES for bushy

we stayed at tari (pasta point). it was ace, but it is ludicrously expensive now at about $400US a day. back then i think it was about $200US a day, which is still crazy money. just perfect rippable waves. nice and juicy but nothing too heavy. very very good surf.

the problem with the maldives is the crowds. tari only allows 20 surfers on something on the island, but lohifushi has uncapped numbers. i've heard first hand accounts that that place is a shit-fight, so i'm glad to hear you're not staying there. it's just a shame that people shell out bulk cash to go on a surf trip, and they get there to find crowded lineups. for that kind of cash i want empty lineups.

i never had any problems geeting waves, because a vast proportion of surfers were 50 year old mini-mals from sydney, or japanese surfers with limited ability. i guess the realtively soft nature of the surf there attracts those kinds of surfers. if you're fit and want the bigger sets, you'll have no probs getting waves, especially if there is a slight current running which drifts the (lazy) pack of the peak. i wasn't being greedy or a snake, but just darting around and getting lots of waves that would have gone through unridden anyway. but i personally think it sucks that people pay shedloads to go over there expecting uncrowded paradise, and the reality is quite different.

i've had some of the best waves of my life out there, but i wouldn't head over again, unless i went to the southern atolls on a boat.

drrooool again

Thanks spook. It's actually gonna be our slightly belated honeymoon, so probably not going there to surf. We are looking forward to some good snorkelling and diving though smile.gif

drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooling!! clap.gif Those pics are sweet as and look awesome clap.gif

Japan peeps Typhoon 4 is on its way!! Anybody watching it? Should hit Kyushu around Thurs/Fri...BP,take BPG and head ta Hamada man, might find some waves!!

My mates in the Maldives as we speak with his family staying at Pasta point. looking forward to a full TR from him.

Surf.....Well the swell is up again. 6-8 foot again today. This time I'm on it. Fark work!

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy

Japan peeps Typhoon 4 is on its way!! Anybody watching it? Should hit Kyushu around Thurs/Fri...BP,take BPG and head ta Hamada man, might find some waves!!

Anybody watching it?

Fark, how about everyday? as far as we are concerned this is no.1 the seasons opener. Will be pouring with rain so family beach day is outta the question but could get a few days worth in if the winds co operate.
Fingers crossed
 Originally Posted By: Mantas
Here you go you WA Peeps. this is what your missing. From last Saturday
Lineup_290507_200753074556.jpg

Shiat CB's got you saying peeps! crazy.gif

Anyway, that wave was sick, I'll have 1!
That could be Ry Craike at home at Jakes..

surfed it twice. it breaks a few metres from dry rock, and the takeoff zone is the size of a small table. so if there's 6 guys out who know what they're doing, you're not going to get any waves.

have been lucky enough to surf it on the way back from gnaraloo onm two seperate occassions. we just watched it for hours, and then miraculously the crowd thinned for now apparent reason and we had smoking 2 hour surfs out there.

it's a crazy setup. it stands up square out the back, and i admit i sort of shoulder hopped into it. it wraps around and grows, so when you takeoff all you can see is this massive wall that looks like its gonna close out. it is radical. highly recommended.

ok, a great weekend of waves, so i'm feelin pumped. hope you all got some too.

surf was clean and fun on sat. head high in the morning, then a lovely shoulder high reef break in the arvo. sunny, dead glassy, 3 of us splitting waves. fun little step/ledge on the takeoff, little coverup section, then running onto a sandbank for a closeout reo. very clean and pretty conditions, so super stoked.

on sunday the swell jumped alot. surfed yals in the morning at a consistent 6-8, with a couple of 10ft sneakers. luckily it was pretty gentle, and not top to bottom, but still some of the bigger waves i've surfed in the last 6 months so pretty tasty. a mate who i've never surfed with before was frothing to get out there, despite the fact the lineup was empty and there were sets closing out the lineup (he is the pschotic shark hunting deep sea diver, so i should have guessed he is a mental charger despite his laidback and mellow nature). it took us 20 mins to get out there, and we had it for an hour by ourselves. then the swell dropped slightly, but still damn fun. i took this pic 2 minutes before we paddled out. no takers at this stage. some very memorable drops

819067790_02f399b349.jpg

in the arvo surfed a wonky point:

819140536_cb3552be5f.jpg

wasn't as clean as this pic makes out, but some nice juicy drops. it was about 4-6ft and i thought it was solid. the local boys were treating it like a 2 foot beachy and just smashing turns where i was scooting for the shoulder. saw a mate out there (who lives down south) and he reckons it was at least twice the size last week, and that's when the wave really comes into it's own. ermmmm, 10ft SLABS - sounds gnarly. anyway, i'm pretty stoked with 4 good surfs in great waves