• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bp, nah mate, you are!

Mantas. Yep have tried it a few times down the Island in Vicco. So much fun, wish I could get a ski here but parking etc is a hassle. With a ski here we wouldn't have any probs with the mega currents we get with these typhoons..

does that mean i can also call it the east sea and be right?

lol.gif

tow-ins sound pretty fun mantas. especially for shifty beachies and offshore bombies (obviously with no paddle crew on it). there's tons of outer reefs that would be rad to whip into. i coulda done with a ski yesterday to tow into some big shifty rights

but for me, at the moment i'm mostly pretty happy just paddling.

Originally Posted By: Indo
Bp, nah mate, you are!

Mantas. Yep have tried it a few times down the Island in Vicco. So much fun, wish I could get a ski here but parking etc is a hassle. With a ski here we wouldn't have any probs with the mega currents we get with these typhoons..

Did you just use your normal board or a tow board? Did you have a sled? Did you know what you where doing?

What?? You want me to keep posting more maps with that naming on it? \:\) There were heaps mate, I just stopped after a few.

Thursday, that sounds right. Thanks for the clarification.

68.jpg

Japan.gif

sea_of_japan_map.png

map.japan.sea.jpg

790px-Corea_and_Japan_Map_in_1815.jpg

korea_map2.gif

JAPAN-W1.gif

Japan.gif

map1.gif

01_q09_Japan.jpg

map1025.gif

\:D Want more?

BP, you're going to have to give me more proof!

I think it's funny it's called the Japan sea oe sea of Japan since it's a sea to Korea and Russia too.

Basically those that won the early wars (not WW2, but previous) got to decide. Japan beat Russia back in 1902 (was it??) First time an Asian power had kicked a European/Western/white power and beaten their navy. That earned them the bragging rights to call it whatever the hell they wanted! ;\)

in BP style ^ lol.gif

Mantas, I tried on my mates board he first used when mucking around which was a 6'4 with a strap. As I got used to it I tried one of his smaller tow sticks which I felt was a wee bit too small for me. Maybe 5'10 or smaller.

Originally Posted By: Bushpig
That earned them the bragging rights to call it whatever the hell they wanted! ;\)

OZ should invade NZ, Indo and all around it, Then we can all swim in the Ocean of Australia crazy.gif ?

Brilliant Idea! thumbsup.gif