Got in a bit of a surf up in Shimane on the SEA OF JAPAN yesterday. Was rough and like a washing machine, but had a bit of punch to it which was nice. Solid slabs of water thumbsup.gif Not huge, but certainly enough to have fun in.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you Bushy thumbsup.gif My sinuses are knackerd so no surf me for a while.

I've just been checking out this whole SEA OF JAPAN thing. I can see where you live. Do you ever go over to the Pacific side. Shinkoku? Kyushu? How do you get there?

I head to Shikoku occasionally. Went there with CB in July. It is about an 7 hour drive from here though, so it has to be a camping trip or it isn't on. Kyushu is just as far to get to the surf, so haven't done it. It is a lonely place to be here for a surfer.

Originally Posted By: Bushpig
It is a lonely place to be here for a surfer.

Never mind. You'll be back in god's little wave haven soon. just hope those small waves over there haven't turned you into a pussy ;\)
 Originally Posted By: Mantas
Anyone ever had a go at this. i watched some guy in Hawaii surfing pipe with one. Looks like fun. Some guys in Newie have started riding them.

hamilton%20stand%20up%20surfing%20roca%2

if I see you riding one of those i'll bash you over the head with your own paddle.
Then again you could paddle across the bay to the secret???left and not bludge a lift in my boat.
 Originally Posted By: Indo
Actually I'm thinking of getting one of these.

Portlock.jpg

Ski that is. \:D

Do I sense a mid life crisis? If your gonna get a ski then get something that will tow you in.

Isn't that what the chick is for?? ;\)
 Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver

Portlock.jpg

Do I sense a mid life crisis? If your gonna get a ski then get something that will tow you in.

Nothing else to add really. Just wanted to see that chick again.
Warning, spoiler!

Me neither, and me too \:D
 Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver

Portlock.jpg

Nothing else to add really. Just wanted to see that chick again.
  • 1 month later...

surfed some of the most terrible waves i've had in ages this afternoon (light onshore, barely breaking, but i was on a wombat - beau youngs 6'4" mal shaped short board, so kinda fun).

called in sick last wednesday and made the call to drive up the coast on a tiny tiny swell. got there and it was head+, which left us all stunned. hit an outer reef and got smoking smoking waves. big juicy walling rights, couple of heavy sneaker sets hitting the boils and cleaning us up, but just a great surf with a few blokes out. i put on soooo much sunscreen so i wouldn't show up to work the next day sunburnt lol.gif

had a quick bash at a nearby beachie afterwards - fun zippy peaks, and we were feeling pretty chuffed with ourselves. smashed some beers on the trip home (the driver took it easy) and then a farken fantastic pie at our favourite bakery to end a great day.

what an epic sick day

was absolutely exhausted the next day at work from all the sun and my eyes were bloodshot as anything - my boss asked me if i felt OK and if i was feeling well enough to be at work lol.gif brilliant

thanks for reviving this thread mantas!

it's my bucks this weekend - we're keeping it small, 6-8 of us going down south. any excuse to go on a boys trip (they're rarer and rarer these days, and i get the feeling they're gonna happen less and less in the future) and hunt some waves. i'm looking forward to it

I saw those pics, tubby. Where is that beach? They looked like good waves. Must have been after a typhoon. Does it get that big very often?

Spook.

I spent a couple of seasons in west oz at the bluff and down the south-west. i love that place.

3 Bears before the doctor blew in was my favourite consistent spot, (during summer)