• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Indo

If you look closely you'll see he's got the helmet cam hooked up.
I'll have to ask him if the vid came out, coz I wanna see him eat shit.

Eating shit is right......Crab shit, worm shit, pippy shit......and whatever else shit there is 2 feet under the sand....
lol.gif

Nice pics BP. The left looked like a fun little pit and that right looked like it had some guts to it. (spook and mantas might think different, but they live in a different world to us desperados!)

Here has been good all week, still I'm unable to getwetyetshet!

yeah it was solid. Much better than anything I have had here in a long time \:\) Just glad to have actually got it uncrowded! As I said, when we first rocked up it was big, and most of the local wannabe punters couldn't get out through the lineup. Later in the day it backed off and got a bit more crowded out there again.

Originally Posted By: Indo
Nice pics BP. The left looked like a fun little pit and that right looked like it had some guts to it. (spook and mantas might think different, but they live in a different world to us desperados!)

nah, it looks fun to me!
i'm a snow snob, but i'm always keen to get wet, even if its just for a quick 30 min grovel.
maybe it's got something to do with growing up with surfing. i don't really understand how fatts and toque love skiing late spring snow - i put it down to them being canadian and growing up in the snow.
but then most people would turn their noses up at the slop i happily surf in summer.
fun is what you make of it

Looks alright to me BP. That's about the size where I start to get interested. Mainly because I'm tall, lanky and old and have trouble surfing small waves now. Have you noticed how all those dudes that do all the big wave tow stuff are all old farts? laugh.gif

Also as you pointed out, the crowd starts to thin a bit.

NO! NO! NO!

maybe for some talented watermen it is a valid surfcraft, but basically in my mind it is just a novetly fad for the 45+ set with more money than sense. gee, lets take two fun activities (surfing and canoeing), and turn into one stupid activity (stand up paddleboards)

maybe if there's a fun, empty little point break near your place, then go for it. but basically the surf this summer is going to be full of fat old men on out of control giant surfcraft. it will be mass carnage. ooh, look at me, i'm a WATERMAN

and at $1500 a pop, i'm amazed at how many people are buying em.

for $1500, why not just buy a mal for summer, and spend the change on a nice new board?

wow, just read that and it seems bit harsh.... didn't mean to attack anyone who actually likes the things, but you get my drift...

lol.gifCheeky young bliter!

I was thinking more of getting in touch with my surfing heritage. Getting a bit of exercise. That sort of thing. And yes I do have a "fun, empty little point break near my place".

I could wheel it down the street and paddle to it from here. The paddle could also come in very handy when the noahs show up too.

Perhaps it's just me wanting to have the biggest toy in the street again. Like this

It's hard being sooooooo cool. cool.gif

Originally Posted By: spook
NO! NO! NO!

maybe for some talented watermen it is a valid surfcraft, but basically in my mind it is just a novetly fad for the 45+ set with more money than sense. gee, lets take two fun activities (surfing and canoeing), and turn into one stupid activity (stand up paddleboards)

maybe if there's a fun, empty little point break near your place, then go for it. but basically the surf this summer is going to be full of fat old men on out of control giant surfcraft. it will be mass carnage. ooh, look at me, i'm a WATERMAN

and at $1500 a pop, i'm amazed at how many people are buying em.

for $1500, why not just buy a mal for summer, and spend the change on a nice new board?

wow, just read that and it seems bit harsh.... didn't mean to attack anyone who actually likes the things, but you get my drift...

lol.gif
X 2!