• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you go to Fly Point marine reserve? That awesome. Fish eating right out off your hands. My kids love it there.

Big NE swell coming Sun-Mon. I wonder how many will be over on the spot after the Shark attack? My mate caught up with the victim today, he said he was struggling a bit, nightmares and stuff, poor bugger.

He did however make it to the wedding as best man as promised. thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

I am going there tomorrow arvo after boat harbour in the morning.

I was showing the rest of the crew where the guy got bit today..

lol..

"It was just over there on that headland over there. Come on get it the water. "

Originally Posted By: kokodoko
I am going there tomorrow arvo after boat harbour in the morning.
I was showing the rest of the crew where the guy got bit today..
lol..
"It was just over there on that headland over there. Come on get it the water. "

Boat Harbour....Mate.. You would've driven past my house, every Sat morning I see a procession of bubble heads go down my street. I would have driven over your head in the water when I took the boat out this morning.
I'm on squid detail this arvo after a nice haul of calamari out off Boaty.

This one near pulled Mantas Jnr. in the water.

DSCF0714.jpg

This one would have for sure.

DSCF0704.jpg

Swells already hit the Goldy!

nice snapper!

They evacuated fraser island so the swell is gonna come.

i think we are going to halifax point tomorrow.

I have been down to about 9.5 meters. I am glad my ears are ok and are equalizing..

I am absolutely nackered!

Good waves down here today and yesterday.

4-6ft wedges breaking on the sand.. pummellings galore, but after Japan it's what I was looking for!

I've just been in awe of how damn clear the water is! I don't think I'll be taking that for granted for a long time..

HNY all.

The swell is here. We went out on the dive boat to the other side of cabbage tree island and it was too dangerous to dive.

We saw a capsized boat at the entrance to port stephens on the bommie. We headed over to it and the instructors were suiting up when the captain got a call from the rescue services(sic) who were on their way.

We were pumped and the adrenalin was pumping becos we thought there were guys underneath the boat.

I passed the dive course. It was pretty tough going. We did 10 dives in 5 days. I am a very proud boy. \:\)

The swell is coming in but i had a look at newcastle and it is just no good. Hopefully tomorrow i may get something.. must check winds etc..

West oz will be getting swell from the north and the south.. woot..

Waves are cranking here today. The Spot was firing all day. Long lefts grinding down the rocks. A cast of thousands out though (half of Newcastle ;\) . No beers for me tonight. Drawn raid again in the morning. Summer would totaly suck without cyclone swells.

Koko, what are you doing diving when there's waves on?

Indo you back home for Chrisi? Glad to hear you getting waves

Where's Spook?

Happy New year all. thumbsup.gif

mantas,

I had to finish my course today..

northeasters plus north swell. not many places will handle it.

thousands of people out at noosa i seen on the webcam..

i dont know what i am doing tomorrow morning. will wait and see..

maybe a dawn raid and a woppa.. ;\)

or newcastle point..

soldiers..

If the wind dont get up till late, bar has a good big wave bank..

?????

Today wasn't a patch on yesterday, but still some good ones, only half the crew out, MR was out with his son too. Here's a sample

Koko, I've had some great waves over the years on that northern corner, I used to live a Bar.

Swell gunna build again on Thursday. thumbsup.gif Work can wait another week lol.gif

woop! woop! how crazy is the swell in Qld at the moment - is that getting down to you boys in newcastle at all?

and cute little tacker mantas!

i just got back from a week in a sleepy south coast town. took a punt and scored. some of the most beautiful squeaky white sand beaches and fun waves with practically no one else out, which is pretty amazing for the xmas-new years period. the turquoise water colour and clarity was just stunning, and pretty sweet surfing these fantastic wedging rights, bout head high with a sideways wall wrapping towards you. super fun just doing big turns, probably some of the funnest waves i've had all year.

i've got a couple of pics at home, but no internet connection, so i'll try and upload some over the next few days. just landscape pics, no epic lineups or anything as we were too busy surfing.

the only problem was the swell got too big for the last few days and the little bays would max out at 4ft and close out and have way too much water moving around. the few sheltered spots down there were quite a mission to get to along 4wd beach tracks and my forester wouldn't have made it along the boggy beach. plus i didn't want to get stuck and have swell washing up over my wheels and stuff. still, we got great waves everyday

and i bumped into a mate from work down there who has a family farm with private coast access a few hours away from where we were staying. he reckons there's a left point that he surfs by himself. having grown up in the area, he;s pretty nonchalant about sharks, but after he came in from a surf some fishermen pulled in a 6ft bronze whaler where he was surfing. and a few months before that they nailed 3 hammerheads in the same bay a few hours after he got out of the water. sketchy.

yes spook, we have been getting waves here. see above.. lol

Still some swell today but it seems to have dropped a little.

I am going out again this arvie but i dunno where.

it looks like sarge and me,

and mantas is from the bay, which is part of newie really ;\)

sarge, i was thinking of going to redhead this arvo. i was there last saturday during the storm. see pics a couple of pages back (or one ?? ).

see ya there for a late one.

The pics of redhead are one page back on page 52.

I will be wearing a red carnation in my lapel. blush.gif

I will be riding my 8' sunride blue mal with a white stripe around the middle. My short board( 7'4" ) is being repaired. Fin nearly came out after jumping off newie point and banging on a rock.

I will be the fat old bastard dropping in on all the grommets. whistle.gif

Don't think I saw you. My arms were jelly after a 2 hour surf this morning and duckdiving at least 20 waves on the paddle out this arvo. I only lasted about an hour and a half but got 2 bombs on the point. Geez the crowd shits me. Must have paddled for 10 waves with someone on the inside. Looks like it will be SE tomorrow so am glad I got some good ones today

Originally Posted By: kokodoko
it looks like sarge and me,
and mantas is from the bay, which is part of newie really ;\)

I'll cop that. I was Newie born and bred. thumbsup.gif Been living in the bay for 10 years now.
Surfed the spot again today, 3 -4 foot with just a few guys out, 3 days in a row. I've really gotta go to work tomorrow.
Funny story that you Newie boys would like, about 2 days ago, that I wont go into. Just a brief rundown.
My mate( who I wont name) took Joey over in his 8 foot tinny, then he runs over 2 guys in the water, one of them was our mate who ended up with 6 stitches in his head. Then he loses his board on the rocks, then sinks the boat on the way back and gets rescued, Joey losses car keys, phone, ect overboard.
Hilarious.

roflmfao... lol.gif

Sounds like a typical joey story. Thats two boats capsized this week that i know about at the bay so far.

sarge, i paddled out and got chundered severely. Then i caught a wave in. It was too gnarly for me. Here are some pics.

My camera is crap, its just bloody hopeless..

redjan201.jpg

redjan202.jpg

redjan203.jpg

redjan204.jpg

redjan205.jpg

I will have to read the camera manual and see if i can get the shutter speed to go a bit faster. it is not good. Or buy a decent camera.