• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GYOZA!

So like a home-made version then.   Sounds good to me.

I was avoiding ramen over summer, just too hot, but got back into it the last few weeks. Miso negi. Can't beat it.

SirJib should have planned that new Pie Shop business. He'd have had orders to get him started from the pie maniacs on here.

I am really into ice-cream at the moment. There's a place I know in Takasaki that sells some amazing flavours. The chocolate toffee caramel one is just incredible. I'm just afraid that they are about 1000 calories a go. Must control.

I have eaten a lot of cheese while I have been here this time. I had some white stilton & apricots tonight after dinner. Very more-ish.

I submit the little quaint Tea Shop near Bolton Abbey in Yorkshire as having the best scones/cream/jam. I was there with the lady and we ordered two. We ended up eating nothing else for the rest of the day. It was huge - and really excellent tasting too. I should have taken a photo.

I remember having some of the best tea-scone-cream-jam combo while I was hiking thru the Cameron Highlands in Malaysia. That place is awesome, rainforest forever, then all of a sudden you pop out onto a couple of tea plantations and a Tea House where you can be very civilised and have some of the best Afternoon tea. Very Colonial British!! Spiffing

Just got sent a package from my parents, don't think I've ever been happier to see Walkers crisps, Galaxy chocolate, Dairy Milk Chocolate and one with Crunchie bits, Primula spreading cheese!!! oooooooooohhhhhhh yeah I love getting food parcels, no pies though.... \:\(

I love gyoza!!! mmm

I know its not really Japanese food, but my gf's mum makes quality Potato Salad. I much prefer J-potato salad to potato salad from back home.

Also interestingly, she makes some of the best pizza I have ever eaten.

Now you mention it, I have had some amazing potato salads here as well. Yum. Not had an amazing pizza yet though I haven't been lucky enough to try anyones homemade versions. I can make a decent one myself though \:\)