• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GYOZA!

So like a home-made version then.   Sounds good to me.

I was avoiding ramen over summer, just too hot, but got back into it the last few weeks. Miso negi. Can't beat it.

The Awayuki promotion went very well. Over 200 orders so far and lots of ladies working late. I've been pressed in to service to build some tools to speed the process, but what we need is a packing machine, and they cost mega-Yen.

Awayuki is a very simple cake. Layers of cream and sweet bean paste in a sponge sandwich. The trick is, soubriquette has found a way to bake the sponge so soft that it melts in your mouth. She has a patent. No-one else can do this.

There's a break/cake shop near me that has some superb breads on offer.

My favorites are the loaves of bread with figs in them and also the ones with cheese and cranberry. Yummy yumm tumm.

Oooh, they sound really nice. There's a good bread shop near where I live as well, it's very tempting.

Let's bread.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't usually get excited about things available at 7-11 but there are some yummy chocolate eclair (sticks) about 25cm long at the moment that are just so nice.

Reminds me of the eclairs my gran used to make with hot dripping rick chocolate sauce. OHooooohhhh.

I'm trying to lose a bit of weight now apart from a short lapse last night and eating a lot of yoghurt. Theres a really excellent strawberry one at our local big supermarket - I could eat 5 of them a day. They have a good selection there was well so I'm really into yoghurt at the mo

Recently my boom is katsu restaurant. There is restaurant quite near where I live that is great for hirekatsu teishoku. It is quite expensive one but much better than normal I think. Also chicken/cheese katsu is delicious also.

Yakisoba, yes nice. And cold soba noodles yum, not keen when the soup part is a strong taste. In fact I get quite shocked on the oishii programmes when I see what goes into the ramen.... best not to look!

I'm off away for the next 3 days, and I hope to eat lots and lots of cho-yummy things. See you on the other side \:\)

Not sure I like the look of those. I still have memories of when I was a kid and having some "bad" prawns at an English seaside town. Was ill for a week after and even though it might not have been them, I sure as hell think it was. I'm sure those are far far better quality though! Just can't get rid of the memories.