Steve 'crocodile hunter' Irwin dead

Quote:
The special public memorial held last week in honour of the Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, will be released on DVD
 Quote:
Up to 300 million people around the world watched the service, which featured tributes from international stars Russell Crowe, Cameron Diaz, Hugh Jackman and Justin Timberlake.
Having international stars appeals a great deal to the unthinking lifeless McDonalds suburban masses.

"International star" is such a rediculous construct that society hase developed. What the hell does it mean? The problem with global warming is it will kill the wrong people. It will kill a billion poor dark skinned people who have never even heard of Cameron Diaz and leave the braindead[censored]tards who clamour over 'international stars' alive and well.

Poor Steve. Started out life being a bit of a fool playing rough with crocs. Ended up being buried with Justin Timberlake's tribute, sold on DVD through EMI.
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by snobee:
Aww - come on guyz - don't stop now.
OK. I think Irwin just got lucky finding a producer who knew what to do with him. And Irwin was no doubt obliging enough to keep up his act to make good. I draw this conclusion from the fact that even as a hero of conservation, he was able to meet and make himself pleasant to George Bush and John Howard.

He was smart enough to know which side his bread was buttered on, but not smart enough to draw his line on the side of any sort of dignity.

If he hadn't been found by his producer, and if he had been able to draw any sort of lines, he'd probably be a) nobody, and B) still alive today.

But we all prefer passion, don't we?

Spud - now that's good.I agree with you.

What the hell is stardom and why do we have to be bombarded with all of it's banal trappings???

And I wouldn't stop at just screen stardom.

Royalty and all it's god-for-saken baggage, Plasticine Politicians, Sports Heroes ad nauseum.

OC - producer or no producer - I'm not sure whether good ol' Stevo would be alive today or not. His days were statistically numbered from dot. Operating at mega-pace mixed with elements of danger & tom-foolery will always put the odds against you.

No diff to the Xboarders & skiers or in fact any who thrive living on the edge.

Nice old guy near me, has never been on a highway and will never - you'll die on them. Doesn't drive and only uses public transport - because your chances of injury are less. His words. And I don't condemn his approach 1 iota, but there are just so many roses one can smell in ones lifetime.

Crazy thing, g'ol Stevo wasn't actually doing anything Crazy when he got struck. If he was trying to feed a chook to a white pointer - sure!

But got zapped through his wetsuit by the rays stinger not on the arm, not on the leg, not on the stomach - right smack into a tiny vulnerable window in his chest and bang into his heart.

Bit like the guy here a while back riding his bicycle and swallowed a wasp, stung him in his throat, instant swelling dead minutes later.

So I reckon those out there DOING IT, precautions to the hilt, are kidding themselves if they think it aint gonna happen to me.

And body-weary me is slowing down, so I hope I can avoid the unforseen nasty stings of life for a while more. \:\)

Spud, Try to focus on the positives mate, and not so much on the Mc Donalds munching masses . Your pissing in the ocean. There's not much you can do about it. Societies have always been facinated with the frivolous. It's nothing new. Goes back 1000s years.

There has been a massive inudation of donations to some of the funds I mentioned earlier and I could only guess that the Irwins have sold their stories for big bucks which I'm sure they will put to good use. ( I'm not as cynical as Dr dickhead Jonkel) Ireally believe this. You guys living outside of Australia probably don't hear that much about that part of it all.

These are good things

Oops sorry, I said i'd finished with this thread.

That wasn't bin Laden! That was Blue Ali. Or Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani to you. He could always come back you know.

BlueAli1.gif

And if you don't like him, how about Blue Joseph from my Warhol series of avatars?

Blue-Joseph-4.gif

If you give me a while, I could knock up a Blue Stevo series...

Alas, it seems it's true:

A bright and brash Australian,

The "Hunter" was his name

And all those slimy reptiles,

Brought him wealth and fame.

Some say he was a looker,

To girls he was a dish.

He knew everything about reptiles,

But f*ck all about fish.

Farewell Dude.

• 3 months later...