Steve 'crocodile hunter' Irwin dead

Fair comment spud.

When you find your community, whatever that maybe, you'll find that you will also defend it zelously whenever it is under attack too.

tell me .. just where did you get your PHD in shit stirring ?

peace be with you.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure you were paying attention to your budget, but how did you pay for lodging and transportation? Surely you took the plane more than once from country to country, that's not cheap? Sorry to ask, but I always wondered how people manage to pay for these kind of x years travelling expenses around the world.

Mantas, I hope you don't think I've done any Aussie bashing. Steve Irwin is no way representative of the Aussies I've known, hence my slight bafflement at some of them claiming him as their representative. All the Aussies I've ever known were richly endowed with a sense of irony, and Irwin apparently had not a drop of it in him. I called him a prick, but even mine has more of a sense of irony.

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmm sounds like Stevo offended his 'taste' as well. He did get one point right though about the money. Stevo sure got plenty oof that, and used it to BETTER wildlife not to it's detriment as he suggested.

Can't really understand why people like him keep saying he 'exploited' animals..Geez man. The last fried chicken you ate suffered more in one day than anything Stevo dished out to any animal.

Sound like the ramblings of a starry eyed city dweller to me.

> Grizzly Man shows a Timothy Treadwell who is passionate about the bears.

Oh good lord, I've had a bit more than I can take of justifying any suicidal stupidity by proclaiming it all to be passionate. I just wish all the passionate people would explode at once so we could get it over with.

So what about Dr. John's prattle.

He has his views & ways - bless him.

Animal exploitation is hardly a NEW issue in any shape or form.

Celluloid reeled it in with lassie, cheetah, flipper, Mr Ed and 1,000's of other unpaid extras.

Sure he has the creds but he lost me when he said the animal world would be better off with Irwin dead.

Grizz got up his arse I think.

And if the "Real Authorities" on Wildlife want to put some focus on the true horrors of animal suffering en masse -ie. humankinds inhumanity to animalkind - start with the bloody halls of abbatoirs or dens of chicken farm hell.

Don't give me this woe the poor bears bit, when millions of "Oh not so cool animals" are tortured daily.

That's the stain, the shame.

So friggin what about a few crocs threshing for a few moments.

It's not my idea of entertainment and method but who am I to adamantly state Irwins work was all negative.

Fcku the Bears - Save the Cows.

Quote:
The 42-year-old mother of two said her late husband knew he would not live a long life.

"He'd talk about it often," she said. "But it wasn't because of any danger from wildlife. He just felt life could be dangerous."
Jesus can you imagine being married to the guy and having to listen to him 24/7. Sweet mercy - it'd be like something from Clockwork Orange.

Yer . I really feel for all those animals "exploited" by Irwin. At the very least they should have offered them some small financial remuneration. Where was there agent?

I bet there trailer didn't even have a Jacuzzi and they had to put up with second-rate make up artists.

I can't believe so called educated people come out with such dribble. I mean how much of there comment is driven by professional jealousy. Here is a man with minimal intelligence and no academic qualifications hogging their perceived share of the limelight and word wide acclaim.

Mate, that must irk them something shocking. No wonder they are glad to see him gone.

Dr Charles Jonkel. What a wanker !

An educated man like our Dr, Charles should know better to make statements without doing his research ( if a goon like me can find this on the internet in 15 mins.). To throw Steve Irwin into the same basket as Tim Treadwell is going to give his reputation a caning.

mmmm. Lets see. Timbo was an aspiring actor with a drug and alcohol problem as well as being insecure with his sexuality. A loner.

Stevo. A non-drinker or smoker, committed family man, donated the vast majority of his wealth to various causes, some of which are listed below;

Funds and projects created and funded by the Irwins

Australian Wildlife Hospital… Rescue and rehabilitation of sick and injured animals. Incorporates training for student vetinarians

Australian Wildlife Conservation……A team of Wildlife Warriors Worldwide animal experts, including researchers and veterinarians, have provided advice and services to respond to situations that are placing wildlife in jeopardy.

Tiger conservation unit……India, Sumatra, Bhutan

Keeping the Tiger Conservation and Protection Units (TCPU) in operation. The TCPU consists of mobile teams of four trained personnel that conduct forest patrols and investigate reports of poaching and other environmental crimes. Working with local communities. We offer practical solutions to mitigate conflict between local villagers and wildlife, and educate local villagers on environmental protection. Each TCPU (Tiger Conservation and Protection Unit) costs approximately $87,000 and includes: Education ?Training?Vehicles?Communication equipment?Surveillance equipment?Camping/general equipment?Community education

Tsunami Relief….. In late January 2005, representatives from Australia Zoo and Wildlife Warriors Worldwide visited tsunami-devastated areas of Aceh. The purpose of the trip was twofold: to deliver urgently required veterinary supplies for elephants working to recover bodies from the disaster area, and to provide humanitarian aid to forest guards affected by the disaster.

Cheeta conservation…. Wildlife Warriors are working in partnership with De Wildt Cheetah and Wildlife Centre in South Africa to track and relocate problem cheetahs away from local villages.

Crocodile Conservation….. Wildlife Warriors Worldwide is working on important research programs in Queensland (Australia) with the Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service and the University of Queensland to better understand the movements and habits of crocodiles, in an effort to facilitate the planning of community developments and potential animal relocation. The results from this research are already re-writing text books and will help to protect both crocodilian and human populations.

Elephant conservation….. Working in partnership with Fauna and Flora International in Cambodia, we are investing in a range of strategies to prevent the destruction of habitat and helping local villages to co-exist with the elephant. Securing the income of farmers affected by the local elephant populations is a main priority in mitigating human-elephant conflict (often referred to as HEC).

Included in these strategies is the planting of chilli around crops (elephants hate chilli), helping to recover property loss as a result of elephant activity, the implementation of educational campaigns, elephant tracking, anti-poaching patrols and prevention of illegal logging. The work is extensive and intense, and is helping to build a future in which the protection of this amazing gentle giant is assured.

The Irwin Foundation…. Since 1995, funding from The Irwin Foundation has provided scholarships and assisted other programs to support veterinary education, including:

Scholarships

0. James and Claire Irwin Scholarship Fund at Michigan State University

0. The Tracy Hammer Endowed Fellowship

0. The Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital at Cornell University

0. The Veterinary Technician Scholarship Fund at Michigan State University

0. The Veterinary Technician Scholarship Fund at Purdue University

0. Marine Corps Scholarship Fund

University of Pennsylvania Opportunity Scholarship

Add to this countless hour of tourism promotion boosting Northern Australia’s tourism industry immeasurably all done for free.

Yes Dr. Charles. It’s clear to see how wildlife on this planet will be much better of now without Steve Irwin around.

F**KWIT

Mantas, one last effort and you might just persuade me to put my educated distaste aside and see the late, great man's value. Even another word from snobee could push my over-intellectualism into a modicum of admiration for Stevo.

Please try. It'll be worth it. If you can just explain what he had against drinking, I could become a Johnny-come-lately fan.

Who cares. Irwin was able to become a great success because he was a buffoon. He appealed to the majority of people, who are also buffoons. Nothing wrong with Irwin, he was what he was. But there is plenty wrong with fact that so people found him appealing.

Hollywood makes money each year because people are buffoons. Likewise for popular McDonalds. It isn’t McDonalds or Hollywood we should question, it is the masses of people that consume the product that is the cause for concern.

Hollywood, Irwin, McDonalds… just meeting the demands of the people.

It was good that Irwin gave cash back to the system that supported him.

Now, I got no more time for this topic. I’m too busy looking for a Frenchman that will swap his passport for mine (Irwin, Hollywood and MacDonalds are not such massive hits in France)

Must admit Ocean, the non-drinking bit has me concerned too. Doesn't quite fit does it?

Just imagine the commercial success he could've had with

CRICKY LAGER !

Spud I'm over this thread too. Nothing more to add.