• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonder if they will keep them as they are now or do something with them. Hard to see Game suddenly becoming a success with the way they currently do things. Grim shops. The best bit I saw while I w

Call of Duty is all about the multiplayer these days. Single players is great, but over all too quick. But with multiplayer you are looking at months and months of good times. Some people don't even bother playing the single player now.

a little bit cheaper than that on a certain asian game playing website...

i got about 28 days of play time over two years on cod4. that works out to be about 9 yen per hour of play time. and that was just on multiplayer. a kind of extreme example but i won't get a game that's better value than that.

modern warfare 2 this time has special ops as well. haven't played it yet but it's meant to be really good. can play most single player.

How long do you guys spend playing games in a week?

There's a guy at one of the places I work and I think he spends basically all of his time playing. He's one of the ubergeek kind, you can tell just by looking at him. Wonder how that is? confused

Me?

Depends on the weather and season.

Winter - then maybe 8hours a week up to 15 if no boarding planned.

Spring and Autumn maybe less as enjoy the seasonal weather perhaps 3-5hrs and in Summer a lot as hate hot weather. So sit inside under the air-con.

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
How long do you guys spend playing games in a week?

There's a guy at one of the places I work and I think he spends basically all of his time playing. He's one of the ubergeek kind, you can tell just by looking at him. Wonder how that is? confused

Ahhhh I wish I had time to play video games. I played this one game a long time ago called Ultima Online, after that I was pretty burned out with video games. Always been too much of an outdoors guy to sit down inside that long. Funny I do it now for work.

Thought I'd share these pics I took at work.. (sorry, their from an iPhone, so they aren't the best quality)

Picture%20001.jpg

Picture%20002.jpg

Picture%20003.jpg

Yep... its a 20ft industrial skip full of Xbox 360's. Although it may have some packing rubbish in there, there are about 1100 xboxes in there... We don't have to do this with PS3s.....

Not much to salvage other than the Dvd drive.. and even then, we have replacement lasers for them already. We have tons of salvaged cases as well, so nothing to do but chuck them..

It offends my sensibility... I hate seeing things just get thrown out, but when they are bodgy to start with, there isn't much else you can do... If I ran the place though, I'd be selling to a recycling place/melting the motherboards, as you can get gold from the boards.

Originally Posted By: Sciclone
If I ran the place though, I'd be selling to a recycling place/melting the motherboards, as you can get gold from the boards.

Hell yeah!! I saw a report on that here in Japan. They were recylcling old mobile phones and getting gold bars out of them. Should learn how to do it and start up a plant in Aus..

That's the thing I don't get-so many internal parts could be reused not just for another Xbox360 but for melting down and making money. Surely the silicon inside all of them must be worth a bit?

I heard japan gov. is going to do a lottery scheme to get old mobiles. Give in an old mobile, pick up a lotto ticket.

Last weekend someone was paying 500yen for old mobile phones at the local university open day.