I can certainly understand that. When I was in Canada and first discovered them, I bought them in 2 doz boxes all the time. If I had stayed there for a bit of time I would probably have gotten sick of them after the initial euphoria. They are incredibly fresh and good-tasting though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Markie:
Another reason to go to Tokyo. Krispy Kreme, my favourite donuts will be opening in Toyko soon so I don't have to fly to N. America to get them any more.
theyre disgustinglydelicious and quite evil thangs arent they? 'Esp when theyre hot :yummygraemlin: \:D

All of this enthusiasm for kK got me thinking wether or not one would work in Sendai or Oahu. So I checked into the KK franchising requirements. You need US$30 million minimum net worth to get your foot in the door. Anyone want to pool our money together? I'm just shy of $30 mill. short. ;\)

Thank you! I didn’t want to be the one to say it (yet again). It disgusts me to see what people shove in their throats. Makes me sick.

I read today that myspace.com is the most popular website in America, beating Yahoo. Crispy Crème, My Space…. It is all the same. The majority of people consume empty garbage and it makes them happy. Scary: these people also vote and raise children.

I know you winked, but come on…

Eating a meal of potatoes from dirt, small tomatoes from a vine, cheese from a cow's udder, fish from a pond and washing it down with beer brewed with water, yeast, malt and hops then following up with a sliced apple and natural yoghurt (the udder again) with honey from a flower and a bee. Sounds like a great meal and none of that is "posh", indeed it is common natural produce, something the average Brit, Yank and suburban Australian has forgotten all about.

I find it amazing how eating what was once considered normal food is now considered "posh", whilst proudly ‘down to earth’ people feed themselves and their family a poisonous diet of coke, pre-made packet meals and reality tv.

I've had them a couple of times just to give 'em the benefit of the doubt, but still find them bloody disgusting - somehow they're got a chemical flavour and are just overly sweet with no other taste.

If I were to eat donuts, which is rare, I prefer the good old tried-n-tested ones like those from Donut King or Wendy's.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from Canada where I loaded myself up on Krispy Kremes and even brought a dozen back to Hong Kong, only to find that a Krispy Kreme outlet opened exactly one day after I returned to Hong Kong!

Not complaining or anything but for those of you who remember the ol'slim Markie, say good-bye to him.