Just sat at work at the computer when I felt someting fall on my head...put my hand up there to brush whatever it was off and knocked it down my open shirt collar, just as i realised it was a fair sized cockroach!! eek.gif Now I don`t usually scream like a girl under normal circumstances but....I think I now hold the guiness world reccord for undressing my shirt in about 0.3 seconds!!!

Can handle them when have to be captured crawling around the floor etc, but falling on your noggin then down your shirt was a different story! eek.gif \:\( lol.gif

don't worry mate, you're not alone - i've got a totally irrational fear of cockroaches. snakes, lizards, even spiders i can take, but if i see a roach i turn into a hysterical girl, and push over old people and children in my bid to flee the scene.

one of my mates was living in a place that had FLYING roaches in the backyard. after one BBQ there i never returned.

pathetic, i know.

just spent the weekend bombing out the garage/entertainment room in my new house because it had a mighty amount of cockies. Place needs some work done but overall Im happy with what I got

cockroach smockroach! I had a mukade fall on my ear from the ceiling last weekend. when i spazzed i only knocked it onto my lap and then the floor...so i guess your story is better.

one time at school i had a potato beetle fly into my shirt and was clinging to the inside of my shirt. I looked down a bit later and saw i had 3 nipples...and one was real black! then i did the 0.3 second shirt off routine lol.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumapix:
cockroach smockroach! I had a mukade fall on my ear from the ceiling last weekend. when i spazzed i only knocked it onto my lap and then the floor...so i guess your story is better.
I'd screem like a girl with the cockroach falling on my head but this one is way beyond cockroaches.
Those things are scary as ****
I had one in my apartment last year. I killed it good. Couldn't pick the bits off the tatami because they were pounded so far in.

Those mukade are pretty dangerous. If you get bitten or stung (or whatever they do) by one then you usually need hospital treatment.

When I was at uni I opened my window while driving on the motorway to avoid the blowback from my friend who had a hangover and was throwing up out of the pasenger window. A wasp flew in and down my t-shirt! It stung me a few times while I slapped myself trying to kill it. My friend dived over from the backseat to help kill it and then picked out the bits!

I think the mukade & cockroach stories are worse though. I hate big scary insects.

Mukade give me the shits! Hate the buggers. Most other things don't shit me like that, but they are just creepy. Ever actually watched one bite? They slash from both sides (pincers). I saw one (a big mother****er) slash through rubber gloves and bite a friend of mine. She (Japanese lady) had assured me that they couldn't bite through rubber gloves and was trying to take it to a pot of hot water to kill it. If that was me, and it had slashed thru the gloves, I woulda flung the thing across the room. She didn't even skip a beat. She just winced in pain, and continued over to the pot of boiling water, picked up some scissors, snipped it in half and dumped both halves in the water. eek.gif That one had been wriggling around in a box of clothes I had opened.

Hawaii has some of the biggest roaches I've ever seen. Add me to the clean freak thread but it was still an impossible task to rid my house of roaches in Hawaii. I'm yet to see one in Sendai!!

That tattoo is obnoxious, at best.

Argh cockroaches make me go spastic, so do spiders. Those mukade things are freaky too!

I am backpacking SE Asia for 3 months this year and I've already started to imagine how shit scared I will be sleeping with cockroaches and what not most nights. My plan is to wrap myself in mosquito netting and spray myself head to toe with insect deterrents. I didn't know so many other people hated cockroaches too!

Allright, gomen, is mukade a cindepide? The island of Maui has giant centipedes that when bitten by they leave a bloody mess. The really big one's are purple. Kowai!

Hey, by the way, I'm not painting a very pretty picture for Hawaii...let met change this image and tell you it's a nice place to visit...really!!

The only thing that really bug me are mosquitoes - I despise the hideous worthless miniature flying vampires, hate hate hate them.

Lying in bed about fall sleep when '..........vrmmmm' that high pitched death siren whizzes past your ear, instant infuriator that.

Other insects dont bother me, though I would think a Japanese Giant hornet might get my pulse up if I were to meet one.

Cockroaches are much maligned. There are thousands of cockroaches species and only small handful enjoy human company and thats mainly because those humans provide the roaches with what they want, if you dont want them in your house then dont leave out the welcome mat for them.

If you move to place that has been infested for a long time though its tough, they live in the walls and lay their eggs there.

Cockroaches are capable of living for a month without food and live headless for up to a week, hold their breath for 45 minutes and have the ability to slow down their heart rate, thats impressive and they dont suck my blood so that puts them way above mosquitos in my books.

Quote:
Originally posted by farquah:
Just sat at work at the computer when I felt someting fall on my head...put my hand up there to brush whatever it was off and knocked it down my open shirt collar, just as i realised it was a fair sized cockroach!! eek.gif Now I don`t usually scream like a girl under normal circumstances but....I think I now hold the guiness world reccord for undressing my shirt in about 0.3 seconds!!!

Can handle them when have to be captured crawling around the floor etc, but falling on your noggin then down your shirt was a different story! eek.gif \:\( lol.gif
Fights sumo champs in an oversized g-string for cash, dives with turtles and sharks, plays ruggers with the tough big guys.... and strips like a pansy when a bug gets on him. Poof.

;\)