3's a good age to start and if you get a good instructor then the kids have fun and you have time to ski..

Though i bet you try to sneak around and follow the class down the hill!

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely skiing. Then you can train him to pull you along the flat sections, so you don't have to unclip.

We wait for obsolescence   Just really hope he grows up OK.

Baby number two.   GirlInJapan  

When you get to ride with them it makes all the hassles to get to that stage worthwhile.

My no.1 isn't up to doing whole runs yet, but I think by the end of this year he will.

Not really keen on lumping him in a class. Have a few level 1 instructors as mates so will only be private lessons, but that's a while off yet.

Originally Posted By: thursday
I'm slowly and consistently pestering the wife to go as a family in Feb. Quite a bit way to go as in Feb the boy won't be 1 yet.

Shame you are not aiming for January Thursday - might give His Injuredness something to do other than look at the slopes with jealousy!! He is a sucker for kids - which is why I have been down the Preggers/birth path FOUR times! You could chuck a baby in his direction and he would keep 'em happy for hours!!

As for little tackers on ski's - saw this little MILO kid at Thredbo with a one on one instructors hammering down some nasty black moguls (under one of the lifts) - I was on the lift with a private instructor as well. He told me the kid was 4 yrs old and on the young olympian programme! SHEESH! Here was me needing encouragement to even FACE the rock hard ice - and this kid was HAMMERING!
 Originally Posted By: Indo
How could you like the place is you don't really like to ski?

oops, I meant she likes to ski very much but is timid on the slopes. It's a girl thing, they don't like fast nor steep. Every trip she will get her legs with a coupla private lessons, while I go straight to the top and fall a few times to get mine.
 Originally Posted By: Mamabear
 Originally Posted By: thursday
I'm slowly and consistently pestering the wife to go as a family in Feb. Quite a bit way to go as in Feb the boy won't be 1 yet.

Shame you are not aiming for January Thursday

Haha I'm still struggling with the Feb date.
 Originally Posted By: Indo
 Originally Posted By: Mamabear
He is a sucker for kids - which is why I have been down the Preggers/birth path FOUR times!

Not bad... you've almost hit $20k in baby bonuses!

HA!
I wish!!

They didn't bring in the bonuses until I had my 3rd...I think I got like $300 for him. And by the time I had the 4th (it was up to about $2000 by then) we were ineligible - have not seen a cent from the government in 10years! But we have sure paid them a bundle!! In fact - we had enough saved for a little holiday shack in Niseko - and then the buggers decided we had to pay PAYROLL tax that should have been abolished when the GST came in. Nest egg gone.

Nah - my friend - I was the young Mum who was handwashing the 3 grosuits we owned and drying them with a hair dryer while baby was wrapped in a blanket....times have changed - but I understand the hard times, and a baby bonus would have been MIGHTY welcome back then!
 Originally Posted By: Mantas
Been walking around the house like John Wayne all day.

Fark it. I'm going to reach for the Bourbon.

Ohh Mantas - I feel for ya! My brother had that procedure about a year back - not nice, but the pain really is gone pretty fast - so he tell me.

My lucky husband doesn't have to worry about that department - it is all up to me. I have Von Willebrands (similar to Haemophilia but not as scary) - so part of the treatment to keep me healthy by limiting blood loss also takes care of the fertility side of things....I don't think I ever saw a man smile as much when I told him of the diagnosis or the treatment!!! LOL