• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely skiing. Then you can train him to pull you along the flat sections, so you don't have to unclip.

We wait for obsolescence   Just really hope he grows up OK.

Baby number two.   GirlInJapan  

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
I wish!!

They didn't bring in the bonuses until I had my 3rd...I think I got like $300 for him. And by the time I had the 4th (it was up to about $2000 by then) we were ineligible - have not seen a cent from the government in 10years! But we have sure paid them a bundle!! In fact - we had enough saved for a little holiday shack in Niseko - and then the buggers decided we had to pay PAYROLL tax that should have been abolished when the GST came in. Nest egg gone.

Geez! And you are going on about labor ruining things in that other thread! Seems like little Johnny did a good job on you! ;\)
 Originally Posted By: Bushpig
Geez! And you are going on about labor ruining things in that other thread! Seems like little Johnny did a good job on you! ;\)

Hee hee - nah - that was our State Labor Government!! The Federal Liberal Governement kept threatening the states who held onto the redundant taxes that they would not get the GST income - but they ended up not following through...now that we have wall to wall Labor - no chance of it going now! Ahh well - c'est la vie!

Quote:
ahh well mamaB..
At least you don't have to pay 3-5K to have a baby like we do here. Imagine the borth rate if that was the case..

Well...with Private Health insurance the last two cost me a couple of grand each in medical bill gaps... but I was more than highly fertile so no need for extra intervention and costs on THAT side of the pregnancy progression.

School Fee's - now that is another matter...
Not to mention supporting the snowboard habit!!
Expensive blighters aren't they?!!

Originally Posted By: Bushpig
I'd say it is your husband that is the expensive blighter! Wasn't him that wanted 4?!

NO! He wanted SIX!!!
His sister has NINE...

I managed to convince him that FOUR was plenty - and they ARE the most precious kids, I am glad he convinced me to have the four.

But come to think of it - he wanted loads of kids....he started the snowboarding thing off.... YUP! he IS the expensive blighter!! LOL

I certainly wouldn't be travelling and hitting the slopes with NINE - I can tell you! Four stretches me to my outer limits of strength, patience, money - not to mention where would you find the accomodation????

My mum comes from a family of 11! and dad 5. Needless to say Xmas day was the highlight of the year!

My family seems tiny compared to that, less presents but the quality getting better..

No.2 with his new ipod watching Totoro!

IMG_2715.jpg

Originally Posted By: Indo
My mum comes from a family of 11! and dad 5. Needless to say Xmas day was the highlight of the year!
My family seems tiny compared to that, less presents but the quality getting better..
No.2 with his new ipod watching Totoro!
IMG_2715.jpg

Indo, very good lookin kid, must take from his mama ;\)