• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely skiing. Then you can train him to pull you along the flat sections, so you don't have to unclip.

We wait for obsolescence   Just really hope he grows up OK.

Baby number two.   GirlInJapan  

Originally Posted By: Fattwins
congrats.
just when you thought you left J-land too!

FT,
I did, but she stayed in Kansai to give birth. I'm back for the month and then head back to the US in early Jan. Was hoping to get some runs in, but not likely - Gotta help the poor girl out, baby was up all night screaming past couple of nights. We'll probably come back every year to visit the outlaws, I'll have to bring my board next time and escape under the cover of darkness for a few runs....

Nice pic Indo. I was taking to my mum last night about lifestyles of different generations and young enough to use a car seat but still have an ipod is kind of what we were taking about. MMT is getting a Playskool MP3 for Christmas too!

Congrats Jiblet! Got any pics to post?

Yeah MJ.. I wasn't even allowed to touch our video recorder back when I was a grom. Now my 4.5y.o. son knows his way around my computer!

I don't let them use the ipod much, volume has to be low. Just comes in handy sometimes, like the other day at the hairdressers where no.2 hates sitting down. With Totoro in the classic he didn't move an inch!

Are they the plastic pop star group thingies?

I remember seeing something on the telly where there were about 50 kids must have been less than 10 years old with the sculpted hair, fancy clothes and miming along to some crappy manufactured pop. It was hilarious. (And sad at the same time)

Originally Posted By: me jane
Nice pic Indo. I was taking to my mum last night about lifestyles of different generations and young enough to use a car seat but still have an ipod is kind of what we were taking about. MMT is getting a Playskool MP3 for Christmas too!

Congrats Jiblet! Got any pics to post?

--update--
Sorry, SJ pulled the pic because it's not snow related. I need to link to an external one - I'll see if I can do that later...
 Originally Posted By: Indo
like the other day at the hairdressers where no.2 hates sitting down

hairdressers?

matu-er508p.jpg
here goes my hairdresser for the kids (and me)
smile.gif

iPods for kids? interesting my son #1 discovered what the chipped Nintendo DS can do (especially Super Mario).....oh boy, hes only allowed it on weekends though otherwise he would be like the little dorks you see walking along the road or walking around supermarkets with their noses in their DS's. I want to slap their parents or grandparents who are invariably walking along beside oblivious to their addicted offspring :sigh:

Got a similar set of clippers. Their hair is longer now and wanted a little style (something that I can't do!)

We've held out on games for the kids. like you, I don't want them walking around like the other zombies glued to the DS or other games. There's a time and a place for it/them.

ps. it's not REALLY no.2's ipod... I'm not that generous!

Originally Posted By: Indo

We've held out on games for the kids. like you,

yeah, I was trying for longer, but I was showing a visiting friend one day the wonders of the the chipped DS and he foolishy showed my son, who I had been hidIng the game from and once he saw it was pandoras box opened...on weekends at least!

Yeah, the car doesn't even have that much snow on it, really, and it looks like leftovers from a couple of falls. wink.gif The baby pic was definitely first rate though. thumbsup.gif Congratulations, Jib. clap.gif You'll have to fix the pic.

I'm working with the SJ guys to figure out what happened. The baby pic was there originally, not sure how the car ended up there...

--update--

See my previous post. The pic was pulled by SJ, so it defaulted to the next pic. Sorry for the confusion.

• SnowJapan Admin

As I can't tell how you feel about your photo being "pulled" from your post, so let me quickly explain.

We're a Japan winter sports website. We have a photo section where we welcome people to upload photos that are relevant to the subject. But if we allow anyone to upload and 'host' any kind of photos - babies, their house back home, mum & dad, granny Ethel, celebs.... that really decreases the value of our Photo section (for everyone).

There are plenty of places to upload photos for free on the web. If you upload a photo there, you can easily link it in to the forums using  and .

Hope that makes sense. Thank you.