• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by quattro:
Fund one of the best dentist I've been to in Sapporo. No pain, real high tech office and lots of nice looking assistants. No more waitng to go home to go to the dentist.
Yeah, I found the best dentist near my office, too. Very high tech and dentists are all women! Seems like they are familiar with dental esthetics.
There is a huge gap between old style dentist and new high tech dentist. If you research on the internet, you'll notice a difference.

In the last few days i've had this kind of uncomfortable... a bit painful feeling in the back of my mouth.... think my first wisdom tooth is arriving - and there is NO WAY anyone is pulling it out of my mouth....... HATE the dentist more than anything, anything, anything.....! I've had x-rays taken of my mouth in the last year and thought i didn't have any bloody wisdom teeth....... what the feck!!!!!!!!!

Last time i went to the dentist in Japan i was just perturbed by the fact that there are several patients in one room, divided up by little curtains.... what is that about? At home you get your own room with a proper dentist, here you get a room full of other people (and in my case, one of my students too) and a whole load of dental assistants who look more interested in their hairstyles than dentistry eek.gif !! As i was waiting in the waiting room the first time i was so confused as to why so many people were going in there at once... then i realised, it's all about group dental treatment in Japan. So, was that just MY dentist or are they all like that?

My dentist surgery is great. Really modern and professional, much of the work is done by highly skilled and....ahmmm very cute female oral hygenists. Costs hardly anything cause we have national health insurance, so 1000 yen a visit I think. They're really into promoting good preventative care and do excellent work. I like going to the dentist now \:D

kkk, it's not expensive. It was about 3,800yen on my first day, digital x-ray, cleaning, drilling, plugging.

I can't wait for the next appointment on Monday!

Last week I flew a man back to our capital Perth with severe pneumonia he spent 4 days in a critical condition in ICU. All because of an infection that he had in his gum. He had all his teeth pulled on the 5th day in hospital.

Kinda makes you think dont it

Quote:
I can't wait for the next appointment on Monday!
Can't wait for the dentist?! Wow.

The guy who I replaced in my job had a bit of a nightmare with the local dentist (suddenly people knowing exactly what problem he had and talking about it in the supermarket!! as well as a lot of pain) that put me off forever, go back home if I have to.

I used to go everytime I went home too. My dentist in the UK has just gone private and wanted me to pay 9quid (2000yen) a month just to be kept on his books, with all check ups & treatments charged in addtion. Needless to say I don't have a UK dentist anymore and decided to find one in Japan. I went to United Dental Office in Tokyo last week. Expensive & they only take private insurance but really good. The guy is Japanese but trained at UCLA. Actually turned out to be better than my dentist at home in the UK.

My dentist has been asking me if she can pull out my wisdom tooth or not. She wants to do it. I know she is such a good dentist... but, scary...

Sounds like your dentist really enjoys here work, slow lol.gif Why does she want to pull out your wisdom tooth, any particular reason?

It's because the wisdom tooth is upper left and I can't brush around it well. I decided to have it taken out and did it today. It was easy, no pain and not so much blood.

Disinfectant treatment tomorrow and my dental care is going to be finished. I'm sad... ;\)

Wow was it really not painful? My upper left wisdom tooth seemed to be appearing when i posted here on 17 May... but the pain and discomfort has gone completely now, so i think i don't need to have it pulled out. I hope not anyway! Did you have a general anaesthetic or just local? HAHA i can't believe you seem to not mind so much about dental treatment, it really freaks me out eek.gif

• 5 months later...

But I still need to go to the dentist, every time I hear the drill working, scary I always pray it stop soon. The dentist pulled one of my teeth out and now making an artificial one to fill the room there. Hope it'll completely finish soon.

I had a new filling made this year after an Irish caramel pulled one of mine out. Without insurance it was only 6,000 yen in total. I only had to go twice.

The first time I went, they had a load of hiphop on. Yo! Yo! Yo!

I had a crown replaced this year, and it took about 7 visits. They drilled and backfilled the tooth. Then took a mould, fitted a new base, took another mould and fitted the crown.

It was relatively cheap, completely painless, and they did an excellent job. I can use the tooth for the first time in years thumbsup.gif

merryJim

If I remember right, a little bit more than 10 times. At the beginning, the dentist tried to repair the tooth but he gave up and decided to pull it out and he did. He said I had to wait for my gums grown up to put an artificial tooth there. He also says I am not a teenager any more, so probably it doesn't grow quick. \:\(

I think now I go to the dentist once or twice a month for that.

Yes, caramels, chocolate eclair play a trick on teeth!! Be careful if you had a fat caramel, maybe it would take your dentures. lol.gif

Caramel is just so delicious though.

I recently went to the dentist here (first time) and had to visit 3 times. It was a fairly pain free experience actually, I was happy about that.

• 1 month later...

The other day my artificial tooth dropped off. That one is what I got after my ski pole hit the original my tooth roughly 18 years ago.

So while I don't have a tooth there, I can not pronounce TH correctly especially noisy one e.g. TH for Mother, Other etc. Silent ones e.g. THank you etc are barely okay though.

And I avoid laughing when I have my guests with me lol..... Very funny looking lol.gif