Ha, this made me laugh.

TV licence cheats

Almost 350,000 TV licence evaders have been caught so far this year.

People who fail to get a TV licence are pointing the finger of blame at pets in outlandish bids to avoid punishment, TV Licensing has said.

Recent excuses include the dog eating the document, and that it was lost when being used to line a snake's cage.

Officers have also been told the TV was "for the dog", and its owners refused to pay.

A TV Licensing spokeswoman said "some people will always try to bluff their way out" of trouble after being caught.

In keeping with the animal-related excuses, one person said the TV had been broken since "my daughter tried to feed the kittens on Rolf's Animal Hospital". (!?)

lol.gif

I've been evading him for 7 years. And it's getting easier with their financial scandals. To those of you who disagree with me, sorry, but I will never pay for NHK.

I do have an American friend who's wife says it's gimon (is that the correct word?) an obligation to pay so they do. wakaranai.gif

I don't watch it, so why pay for it?

Their internet sight is not too bad though..they are making themselves obsolete as a money making enterprise.

His wife would say gimu (gimon is a question)

Anways, I have stopped paying for it, and if any NHK man comes to my door, he's gonna get a lecture about the financial scandals and how he should find a new job rather than being a salesman for such a shady organization.

They should just make it a tax like for the BBC (right?) if they want to secure revenue flow. Simple, right?

Right now, people who are paying are subsidising people who aren't paying. So the payments for someone living alone is ridiculous, it would cost more than any of my public utility bills. They can't justify that.

This is pure bs hearsay, but I heard that somebody in the Govt is trying to make legislature so you have to pay NHK and it would be criminal not to pay.

...forget the fact that Im sure the bloke in the House was paid millions and millions of yen just to bring up that obsurd idea :rolleyes:

Havent paid NHK in 7 years and wont start now

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
This is pure bs hearsay, but I heard that somebody in the Govt is trying to make legislature so you have to pay NHK and it would be criminal not to pay.
I heard that too. eek.gif

I never paid for NHK and almost none of my J-friends seems to do soo.

My friend told me (he works at TBS by the way), that there is no legal obligation for one to pay the fee. So basicaly if they come at your house asking for it, just slam the door on their faces.

When the guy came at my place I spoke to him only in English (although I can speack Japanese fluently) and told him I am not watching J-tv and slamed the door at his face. He never bothered me ever since. \:D

A governmental organization preying on the weak and unknowleageable in the society by threatening to sue them is quite pathetic. That announcement got really bad publicity, which lead to NHK not taking immediate actions on it, I think.

Those NHK guys do work on a comission I've learned. I've also read that from around 3 years ago the govt said it is not an obligation to pay but that NHK guys could go to our homes and try to get our money.

The last time an NHK guy stopped by I told him I didn't have any money. He actually asked to see my wallet for proof!

Quote:
Originally posted by BagOfCrisps:

TV licence cheats

Almost 350,000 TV licence evaders have been caught so far this year.
They never caught me (in Ldn). After sending an escalating sequence of ridiculously frantic scare tactic letters I never heard a thing from them. But I don't own a tv anyway, so I was in the clear from the beginning.