I got the gaijin tag in a very negative way today.

There is this car park owner, who rents space out to a few rafting companies. My friends at those companies, invited me over for a snack and chat, after a kayak session. As we were chatting, the owner came over and berated me for not greeting him. He went on to say that I parked there before, (3 monthes prior) and didnt listen to what he said, thus I have bad manners. I took it cause my friends were there. After the 4th go around he started into the gaijin crap and I had enough. I lost my cool and started screeming to never call me a gaijin!

Just wanted to vent.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fatty:

These gits are all over the show. I've found a cheesy "I don't know what the f__k you're talking about" grin and shurugged shoulders is the best reply.

No matter how long you are here, you're always gonna get these jerks. Thank god they are becoming a very small minority.

I find that keeping my cool and remonstrating with people like this generally works well. And if it doesn't work, getting a reasonable Japanese person to mediate can be effective.

Looks like you lost this round.

I tried to keep my cool Ocean. 4 go arounds on the same topic, then the gaijin slurs came out in full force. I did have 2 guys beside me, who were trying to get the guy to understand, that I understood.

Did I loose in the end? Yes I did. I can no longer go over to see my friends at their companies. Also, future employment at those companies is pretty much shot now.

Quote:
I presume you are claiming it was totally 100% this guys fault and he had absolutely no reason to be aggravated by your attitude at all?
I parked in the guys lot to drop off something that I borrowed. Considering that my mate rents part of the property, plus 4 parking spaces, I didnt figure that 3 minutes of parking time, at the end of the day, was such a big deal.

since that time 3 monthes ago I dont stop there with my car at all. He was angry about that parking problem, and also the fact that I never greet him. The guy just looks angry all the time. The times Ive greeted over the past 2 years he has either never responded or grunted.

If im angry at someone I dont go around flinging racists comments. Ski do you honestly believe that, no matter what I did I should be talked down to? I dont call Japanese people nips or japs its just wrong.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
nips or japs
If someone tossed those words above to me, probably I would feel bad or maybe get pissed off though fortunately I have never had the case.

For older generation like my parents, japs is never acceptable.