It certainly seems like a warm one right now, hopefully we'll all have forgotten about that in a few days when it starts dumping down on us again. Keep those fingers crossed, we can't be in spring mode yet.

Very, very mushy at Shizukuishi today. The morning started out decent and the groomers were fun. Around 11 AM though, the snow turned into soup. Really made me realize my skis need a tune and waxing BAD. It was kind of nice not wearing my jacket today also. Just a thermal and a vest and no gloves - got some weird looks from the locals. Still, it's way too early to be pulling that kind of attire off.

Skied with my Japanese friends 5 and 6 year old today and took it very easy. I had a blast with them though. Great to see the enthusiasm for skiing at such an early age. Pure stoke in those two!

It was a bit weird to be sitting outside in a T-shirt eating an ice cream cone though.....

Yesterday at Rusutsu was nasty, very pasty wet heavy snow with a kinda sleety rain - my last day and I made it a short one. But woke up this morn to leave and it was dumping - very wet snow, but snow nonetheless. It was snowing all the way to the airport and beyond and our flight sat still for an hour while they de-iced the plane. I couldn't believe it was 20 degrees in Tokyo today, wow! I hope the sakura dont come early, I'm trying to time a visit to Oz to return in time for it. Hmmm, if this keeps up it'll be way over before the end of March again... I'm sure it'll cool down again. But how much and for how long?

Coastal powder then quite lucky. The reports from the high mountains as of Friday was as follows. Only the top parts of the mountains in the shaded areas had light snow. most of these lines were 400 meters in length and you had to hike into them. Me I rode a nice pipe until the dang fog rolled in thick.

I never went skiing at all. Just toured around town a bit and partied it up. Good weekend to take it easy. But Crazy and another friend went and reported very fast not crap snow which I thought it would be. Crazyski where are you?

Elevations are 1300-1800. And the valley is very steep and narrow so the northern aspects never see any sun.

This weekend was great....for surfing! It was 23 here in my neck of the neck here in Yamagata. The snow was really really really really really really reall.....sloppy. Great day to be laying in a lawn chair in shorts and t-shirt which I did. But it's dumping now. Still a bit too warm here to stick but maybe 1000 meters up it will. There's going to be a nasty rime layer underneath anything that sticks if the weather gets cold again. This means huge danger so be careful out there. Thank God for snow though! I was searching for my flip flops a little early this year. And to think Colorado is just starting to get good now....yes, I'm homesick...