Dont mind a few durries now and again... but definitely not a full time smoker. I have to watch out though because a lot of my female friends started off smoking only when they went for a drink or two but now all of them are full-time smokers!!!

I used to... nothing worse than a born again...

I now take great pleasure snarling at locals who light up a cigarette and leave it smoking in an ashtray, or don't give a damn where they blow their smoke. Sometimes it's hard to restrain the urge to rip the fag outta their mouth and ...

Nothing against considerate smokers, though.

even as a heavey smoker I also get annoyed with other people who are selfish smokers... blowing smoke in my face , smouldering cig in ashtray etc.

i feel sorry for non smokers (in a way) as being around smokers must be very frustrating.

Ex smoker here so

< rant mode="on>

smokers stink - no 2 ways about it: your clothes stink, your breath stinks.

smoking is bad for you - I smoked for 9 years and I now have permanent damage to one lung (visible on an X-Ray 25 years after I gave up), my father smoked for about 30 years and now has mild emphysema (diagnosed 30 years after he gave up)

< /rant>

Raury-sorry to hear that. I stopped the tobbacco smoking thing 3 years ago after a 10 year stint and I'm still worried about the possible deadly effects. Trying to get my wife to give up but it's pretty hard when they're so cheap and there are virtually no obstacles to smoking in this country.

Davo, not a big problem for me yet, but Mon Padre is worrying. He keeps pretty fit, but it doesn't help him even though it is only mild. He is now far more prone to colds and chest infections. The good thing is that he is 74, so hopefully age will catch upwith him before the emphysema becomes a real problem.

I use these things as warning to others.

I really cannot stand to see pretty girls smoking, it does absolutely nothing for me, and I hate to think what it is doing for them inside.

I hate tobacco. It stinks, taste like crap, wastes your money, looks disgusting, and many people just arent polite about it. Especially Japanese men... watch them down any street, platform, restaurant, etc. Its all the additives and chemicals from the damn companies that makes tobacco bad. A nice cigar is great. But, the good ones are regulated too thanks to the US govt. Thats why I dont want weed made legal. The govt would just f*@# it up too and then all wed have is some mexican scwagg left, eh??! Wheres my chills??

Raury-hope it stays ok for you and your Dad. I can relate to the pretty girl thing watching my own puff away. Can't help being a typical ex-smoker nag-not that it does any good.