How has japan changed you?

For those of you living in Japan....

I feel I've become more patient than I was before I came here.

Well, hurry up with your responses then....

Forget all the guff about living overseas and how it broadens a person's horizon. Living in Japan is a series of frustrating reminders of how much better things are run, done or organised in other countries - except England of course.

Alex Keer's book Dogs and Demons sums it up perfectly.

That is not to say there aren't many things that work extremely well here, they're just not quite as noticable.

I speak enough Japanese to get by and have some very good Japanese friends and really enjoy living here (in the winter), but I've definitely become more bigated since leaving Oz. \:\(

Quote:
Originally posted by Blinky:
but I've definitely become more bigated since leaving Oz.
I must admit the same, by the popular definition, I am becoming more of a racist/bigot by the day.

Coming from Califonia: I don't drive a car anymore. Also probably drink lots more alcohol. And eat more rice. And whereas back home I was an ethnic minority, here I'm just a "gaijin".

-montoya.

I say lots of rude and sarcastic things in English under my breath that would have got me punched in England. My boy asked me in the car the other day "Why do you shout at people in other cars when they can't hear you?" Good question.