• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I finally went to LaQua and got to ride the "Thunder Dolphin" roller coaster! It is a pretty good one I must say, although a little short I am afraid. But the first drop was awesome! I went on Monday around 12:30. We went straight to the coaster but it wasn't open yet. We stuck around and when it opened around 1 we got on to like the third run. The whole time I was there the wait hovered around 90 mins.

Actually last week I went to Fuji-Q as well. That place is awesome! I highly recommend you go on a weekday though. The FujiYama coaster is amazing! But the real show stealer was the Dodonpa. This thing goes from 0-179kph in 1.8 seconds!! That kind of acceleration is mind numbing. Waited 1.5 hours for a 50 second ride and it was well worth it.

ender: Did you get the coffee mug and/or sticker photos from Fujiyama or Dondonpa? We got some good shots.

That acceleration on Dondonpa was amazing; I couldn't even hear anything, just "WHOOOOOOOOOSH!!!".

Fujiyama's first drop alone was well worth the wait; they really build the tension well too with that slow climb to the top. After 50 meters I was looking around thinking, "damn...we're getting up there!". cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...