Quote:
Originally posted by echineko:
Sorry Markie, it joke ;\)

Got a sense of humour, do you? Is that your subtle way of telling me you want a squeeze too? Left, right or both?

My brother visited me after 6 months in Sumatra & surrounding islands. 2 days after arriving here he had "cold" like symptoms. several doc's were consulted but none would do malaria tests. eventually he collapsed coming in & out of conciousness and they finally did the test to find that his level of malaria in his blood was 10x the dangerous limit!! then they ummed and arred about getting the treatment that could save his life (laruim) because it is actually illegal here! It ended up being cerebal malaria and he was very lucky that he had travel insurance.. cost about US$15,000-20k a day in ICU!

My Malaria story 6 months earlier in indo, doc told my wife i was definately going to kark it, and gave me fanzidar, which was out of date by 15 years!

My experience tells me the small clinics here suck dont go there. Its worth the time to head to the big hospitals.

Had a doctor tell my I was stressed when I wasnt. I had and infection in my gut. Had to take a monthes worth of meds to clear it up.

Takeda hospital in kyoto or the uni hospital here are good ones just in case you need one.

What do you guys think about this killer flu goin around? Just a big media blitz or something to be scared of?

Would you be worried about getting back into Japan if you were, say, travelling to, say, Hong Kong, say, next week?

I think your risks might be increased if you decided to stay with someone who happens to live a block away from the hotel which was identified to be where the first case of this disease started spreading and whose girlfriend works in a public hospital.

BTW it's not flu, it's atypical pneumonia, also called SARS Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome.

its sickening. here in singapore the pneumonia patients are next to the hiv aids patients (the most vulnerable due to poor immune system). when i found this out i was disgusted, but hey singapore govt for you.

this is SAM / S_F_G ...

Yeah my horror story is drews horror story,

we arrived home to be told that my leg had been burnt very badly (der...) but in thailand they said it wasnt very bad at all!! It was 3rd degree in places and 2nd degree the rest of it.

the stray dogs werent the nicest thing to see when you have an open wound on ya leg!

Interesting experiance!

I now hate Motorbikes, and im not a fan for the thais lack of non stick bandages!