Just reading the coalition lying thread, and thought this might be an interesting topic.

Do you lie much? And how do you distinguish a "white lie" with a non-white one?

Must rush, will come back

my mommy told me never to lie...

but, sadly, I do my share here...the situation usually involves me, my car, and a japanese version of the cops from chips...

I feel bad...kind of...except when I think about how much time and money I have saved myself...but its wrong...so I will stop as soon as my license expires...

danz

Never trust the answer you get when you ask someone if they are a liar.

No one will ever answer "yes" to the question “are you a liar?”

1) a liar should say yes, but they won't as they are a liar. The liar will answer “no”

2) a non-liar will say "no"

3) 1+2 = how do you know if the person is a liar or not? You don't.

There are many extensions of this wonderful psychological twist.

If a liar answers honestly and said “I am a liar”, then they are not a liar, so the answer is still “no”.

It is impossible for anyone to answer “yes” and it be a logical answer.

ahhh...db...

I am afraid your logic is too simplistic...

you are assuming that a liar lies all the time...a person who frequently lies could also tell the truth....like in answering the question "are you a liar"...

danz

Yeah i lie sometimes, but not often, it does catch up to you in the end.

I define a white lie as a small lie that is said so that you don't hurt someones feelings.

Example: Your significant other - "Do I have a big arse?"

You - "No honey, of course not!".

This is a must lie situation, unless of course you want to find yourself in hot water. If you said "Well actually you do have a big arse.", your significant other will more than likely by pretty unimpressed and offended.

dude i hope u r not talking about your significant other otherwise trouble could be a callin...

i'm a bad liar. i wish i could. sometimes i tell the truth even when i really shouldnt and that leads me into more trouble than is good for me - not on the arse side of things, thats for avoidance at all costs - but on real life things such as your boss asking how long u r going to stay a primo situation when a simple lie will set u right, but my fruched up head sets me stammering in vagueries. damn u head, u suck.

• 2 weeks later...

I lied once back at uni - it involved a girl and a best friend - and it got me in all sorts of trouble... the old domino effect. And it seemed so much to fit into the "white lie" category at the time. I probably would have led a very very different life if it had not been for that one small lying act.

I always remember that situation when I'm tempted to lie too much..... \:\)

No lie powwwers. No. She does not have a big arse.

But if she did have a big arse (but she doesn't) then i would probably still say no. Even though she doesn't read it as much as she used to and probably hasn't read this thread anyway.

Man, i'm starting to wish that i didn't use that big arse thing as an example!

Still confused?? Cause you shouldn't be!!