Alot of the coolest bars/clubs in tokyo that i've been to are places that someone had introduced me to, and are usually the kind of places I would never have found otherwise.

What and where are your favorite bars/clubs?

I'm a big fan of Milk in Ebisu to name one.

i hang in a cafe called salute. the coffee is awesome, and the music is jazzy and cool, and the decor like a 1970s airport lounge. there r a lot of cool cafs sprinkled around, often in quite out-of-the-way places.

Gas Panic bars are the opposite of the kind of place MistaS is talking about. Those are the crappy holes you stumble into before you realize there is something better.

There are so many places in this city - small and large. Some places are cool any night of the week, some need the right crowd or company, and some just straight up blow.

We checked out "Game" last weekend...you didn't miss much Jaime...it wasn't really my scene, but I hear it can be better on different nights.

Womb is a really nice place (thx Goemon).

As mentioned before Milk goes off.

MistaS and I checked out a little bar in Naka Meguro called OVO that provided one of the best times I have had in this city. It is tiny but everyone that was there, especially the people that worked there, was extremely cool. I would like to check out the dude's other bar.

Before I leave I still want to check out A-life and Yellow.

Others??

Ya hafta check out `Golden Gai` in shinjuku. Awsome place! apparently it hasn`t changed much since when the US moved in afta tha war. i read that there is somthin like 200 bars- all cramed into about four or five little lane ways. most bars only sit about 6 peeps! its not particularly `foreigner friendly`, but if ya go there and be cool, its sweet. tha jazz bars play some pretty way-out and obscure stuff!

had some very memoranle nights in this part o` town.

deff. worth tha visit ;\)

anybody else been???

For an English beer and some good Premiership footie on a Sunday afternoon you cant beat The Meguro Tavern!

Every Sunday, tabehodai on the Sunday roast!

mmm, Yorkshire puddings soaked in gravy!

Quote:
Originally posted by enderzero:

MistaS and I checked out a little bar in Naka Meguro called OVO that provided one of the best times I have had in this city. It is tiny but everyone that was there, especially the people that worked there, was extremely cool. I would like to check out the dude's other bar.

the parents live in naka meguro and from getting lost on numerous occasions you really see that there are tonnes of smaller places around. little cafes, bars etc.

Well Ocean, i dunno if theyve got the toad in the hole going but ive also had fish and chips, bangers and mash, shepards pie and a cornish pasty from there. not bad eh!

however, the tabehodai beats them all and for a mere ¥1500! starts at noon with the footie at 3.

maybe ill c u all there.

Anyone been to Muse in Nish Azabu? Judging from how full the dance floor was on Saturday I would guess so. Kinda an ex-pat hangout, but it has cool decor and a cheap cover. Just watch out for the chinese girls. ;\)

There is a nice little bar in Hakuba called the Half Note Cafe He has got a collection of music,That is unbelievable :rolleyes: Jazz,Big Band, going right back. He as even got the Platters [1954]I spent afew nights there listening

to some go music and downing a few beers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...