Poll - do you have or plan to have children?

The week before last I had a very very real dream where I actually had a baby and although I dont remember much about it I DO remember that I was very very happy in my dream. So I guess that means a yes for me, but not for a good while yet.

It was strange that I went into work glowing from this good dream and opened this forum and what was at the top? That abortion thread! Might explain my strong opinions that day!

Although at times it is tough, there's nothing in the world that feels better than holding than holding my son in my arms seeing him smile back at me.

People that claim that you can't live your life and do the things that you want to with kids are full of rubbish.

but kids aren't for everyone, I just couldn't imaging growing old just with my wife ( would be very lonely!)

It tends to be only the wealthy and educated that choose not to breed (or only have one child between 2 adults)

not always but generally the poor and or the lesser educated ppl in this world tend to breed more.

in 100 years i think the rich will be richer but there will be fewer of them and there will be far more poor and stupid ppl.

the rich will have to develop ways / weapons to keep the majority poor from revolting and stealing the riches money.

ps ill be having children at some stage

its a cynical not necessarily unfair view of the future - and im sure was partly tongue in cheek - but keep in mind poor and stupid are different as poverty leads to a lack of opportuniy and hence education.

my view of the future is more sharing, more education, fewer children and a world which is better off all over.

just like mr bush and mr howard envisage lol.gif

when I said stupid I was thinking more of shaza living in NZ on the doll with 8 children to 5 different dads rather than ppl living in real poverty in africa etc. (couldent explain myself cos i run out of time)

also when I said i would have kids its more about my wifes desire to have them - I would just as happily adopt one or four that the world doesnt want. (not for a good few years)