Do you think that Hilary Clinton....

Well, I think she has everything her hubby had... but I hear she doesn't smoke...

If there's a constitution left after Georgie, I can think of worse candidates, and it's about time the 'leader of the free world' had a female at the helm...

Quote:
Originally posted by brit-gob:
Would Bill then become the first "First Gentleman"? lol.gif
I guess then we'll have to use a very loose definition of the word gentleman then!

I don't think the majority of america is forward thinking enough to look past gender. Plus... Hillary Clinton has alot of haters. I don't know much about her political stances, but when she ran for senate in New York, there were so many people that held sentiments like "anybody but Hillary Clinton." wakaranai.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by MistaSparkle:
Hillary Clinton has alot of haters. wakaranai.gif
And Bush doesn't? ooops, my mistake, the 3.5 billion in the anti-bush camp mostly live outside the U.S.

How frustrating not to be able to vote for the person setting the world agenda... " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

This is a little of subject so sorry. Miteyak I don't quite see how Bush is setting the world agenda.

I'd say it's the likes of Al Quieda, Israel - Palestine, North Korea, DR Congo etc. They're setting world agenda. They're presenting the most difficult problems, which developed countries have to take the responsibility to resolve and how we do that is infuenced by the US.

Personally I'd prefer Hilary Clinton not to get the presidency. Whoopi Goldberg is where my moneys going.

The above mentioned places are issues, but not of great consequence compared to poverty, trade imbalances, disease, the environment, etc. In fact, the issues you talk of are symptoms of a world agenda that alienates the disenfranchised. The $400 billion going into the US military could go a long way to stabilizing many nations crippled by debt (although it wont be long before the US itself is crippled by debt, the way its going...)

And that's assuming that al Q et al are more than just a smoke screen to excuse the US and Britain for acting outside of international law...

Yes lets donate $400 billion to developing countries like DR Congo, where the money would got straight into the hands of corrupt officials, create a huge arms race, further destabilise the entire region, fuel ethnic clensing and endanger countries like Botswana etc that are showing signs of economic progress. Whilst also allowing terrorist cells who have a proven track for carring out massively damaging acts to establish themselves in every corner of western Europe and North America etc.

The way you just dismiss terrorism is ignorant and dangerous. I take it you've never lived in fear of any kind of terror attack. But i definatley agree with your point on unfair trade, lets just hope something useful has come out of the G-8 meeting in Evian a?

Actaully I've lived in developing countries under curfew, with bombs going off, not uncommon in certain parts of the world. When the terrorists are American backed, or not effecting US business, it doesn't count though, does it....

I don't believe I suggested handing money over to corrupt officials, there is a middle way, believe it or not.

I could go on, but I have work to do, hence only snippets of ideas that can be twisted to mean anything. What's clear, however is that the US uses the threat of impending doom to further its global ambitions for itse corporations, going against democracy, laissez faire, and basic human rights both at home and abroad.

Fair enough, I understand your point, but I disagreed on the "smoke screen" bit. International trade is definatley an issue i feel strongly about. You might wanna take a look at this sight:

www.maketradefair.com

It's what Chris Martin, the screaming student from Coldplay has written all over himself when he goes on stage!

I would be interested in this middle way though. I think that Bush and the USA are an easy target a lot of the time.

Here ya go AET; she's alllllll yours:

hillary_clinton.jpg

Why does she continue to lie about authoring books which other people wrote for her? Does she really need to take all the credit?