I am not really a morning person...at least on the days I have to go to work...

what is interesting is it seems that Japan is also not a morning country...no services are available in the early morning (from gas stands to health clubs), and traffic doesn't even really pick up until 8ish....at least out where I am...

same in Tokyo?? back in the states I feel like people try to get a good early start to the day...

don't really know where I am going with this...only that I got to work at 6:30 this morning \:\( sleepy....

danz

strange u should start a topic such as this today, the day i voluntarily arose at 7am with no pressing reason.

first time ever.

i went for an overly extended peroid during which i considered an 11 o'clock start pretty early (nearly all of my adult life). and there has generally been no hour of the night that i consider 'late'.

i've seen many a sunrise (try to actively watch a few each year) but all are usually at the end of a day.

i assume in light of this that i must be ageing, combined with the fact i have a partner to regulate my time.

i'm not sure where i'm going with this, just to say that the morning is a primo time of day! and should be treasured when experienced.

note: I am not a morning person on days I have to work \:D

when I am traveling or doing other things that excite me, I love to be up in the morning...but if I gotta work, or if there is nothing going on, let me sleep!

I am as gung-ho as they come when it comes to my skiing! as long as I don't have to wait for db to put on his make-up and other assortment of accesories in the morning I usually make 1st chair... cool.gif

danz

I too am like danz. Can't get me arse outta bed every workday morning. I am sure IU would be fired if they saw the times and ease with which I wake on a ski day or holiday.

Early mornings is just another in the long list of reasons for work to be deemed unhealthy like smoking.

Quote:
Originally posted by danz:
when I am traveling or doing other things that excite me, I love to be up in the morning...but if I gotta work, or if there is nothing going on, let me sleep!
Bullshit! What about when you wake mistasparkle up at the buttcrack of dawn to go riding, and then go back to sleep when he gets ready to go? eh? eh???
:p

I'm a morning person, but that may have more to do with the fact that my dog has trained me to wake up when she does (sometimes 5:00am, like this morning).

Some problems with this:

1. When I am not there, my dog sleeps in until 10 or 11am mad.gif

2. Like danz mentioned, nothing is open early in the morning; and everything closes early in the evening too (I'm talking dry cleaners, post office, supermarkets, etc)

3. Getting up early means that I go to work early, typically at my desk before 8:30am, sometimes around 7:30am. BUT if I try to leave the office around 6 or 7pm, I get the "eh, mo kaeruno?" from those bums who show up to work at 11:30am. mad.gif ;\)

Some benefits to this:

1. Serenity of the empty streets

2. Early morning light

3. Getting to see the pained expressions of people exiting clubs/bars when the sunlight smashes into their faces

4. Getting a head-start on work before people get into the office

5. Prepares me for early morning boarding

I'm definitely NOT a morning person, but theres something a bit magical about early morning... like you said Goemon, that early morning light, sunrise, and the serenity before the city wakes up and gets moving... love that.

well recently ive been going to bed in the "early morning" seen many a sunrise. i sleep for a few hours a night. sleep isnt that much of a priority at the moment, but when i was at school i needed a good 7 hours. i would wake up at 7:50 and bolt to my first classes which started at 8:05 (the perks of livin on campus). i hated mornings. my day wouldnt pick up until around noon.

I do whinge about them but early mornings seem to be the way to go. Totally into the lack of other people about and theres something about the initial sunlight of the day.

I love the mornings. Even getting up early for work is great. It means you get to go home earlier leaving a whole day ahead of you to do stuff. Same as hiking. I love to get up the mountain early and be coming down when most people may be starting up. No crowds, or human noise. Also I can get home early have a sleep and then have the whole afternoon to do stuff.

I have found that in the last year I have become far more fond of the early mornings. I love to wake up at 7 or so to a sunny day and get up and take my time to start my day instead of sleeping till 11 and then wondering where the day went by dusk.

I'm actually kinda bad about getting up to go snowboarding if I am driving. If I am not it's no big deal, but I don't like to get straight up and be required to use my brain.

I dont like to get up in the morning for work - guess its not my dream job. But, for anything else like skiing, running, H \:D its great. Especially during ERECTION season. Damn, those cars are soooo loud mad.gif Id rather have the bosouzoku around rather than them.

Because the sun rises so early here in the summer, bright light comes streaming through my window around 6am, even though my window faces northward and my blinds are shut. To back up Mr. Sun, a legion of birds begin their lovely cacophony in conjunction with the first rays of light, making a natural alarm clock. Trouble is, I don't need to wake up until 8-8:30 most days. Which is why I'm perpetually sleep-deprived and cranky.