so the dialect thread is pretty cool...

but how about languages you think sound cool...

for me, depends on the situation

1. If I am in a basement, smokey bar with my buddies, a bottle of vodka, and some cigars, its gotta be Serbian (or any slavic language)...it just sounds too cool

2. For arguing, definetly Hebrew...nothing like listening to 2 Israelis rappin' away

3. Trash talkin my opponent before I proceed to Tiger-claw, snake and crane, and buddah palm his ass in front of a buddhist temple, well its gotta be Chinese (not sure which dialect...the cool sounding one \:D )

4. Listening to cute girls...Nihongo!!

5. musical lyrics, raps and ryhmes...English...

danz

For chefs, Swedish lol.gif

For music, that would be Italian (opera), Spanish, or Portuguese. Bossa nova in English sounds terrible by comparison.

For lively conversation, I like the sound of Jamaican patois. Yea mon!

I like British English for sports commentaries.

I love studying Japanese, I think it is endlessly interesting, and I love speaking it, and talking to Japanese people. I will continue to study Japanese even after I return to the States, but really I think it sounds terrible, at least in some situations all the "soo na no ?, soo desu ne, yoroshiku onegaishimaaaaaaaaasu" it is really grating on the ears. I can`t help it, I just don`t like the sound of it.

I love the way that French sounds, and I studied French for 6 years, and hated it. it is not a very interesting language to study. can`t really say why.

I really like the way spanish sounds, also italian is very nice. German also sounds nice in a rough kinda way.

i think thai is a nice language to hear. sounds dignified.

i speak chinese (mandarin) but i havnt figured out if its a nice language. theres alot of difference when you have a non chinese, like myself speaking it and a native speaking it. in my experience, no matter how hard we try can never nail the tones.

news and sports commentaries sound good in english (british english)

I like spanish and italian - they seem to embody a real "go to hell!" atitude.

For a really nasty sound - listen to a bitchy chinese grandmother speaking mandarin. its evil personified!

learning languages is such a great thing to do. like barok, i also love learning japanese despite the endless frustration it brings. every now and then a phrase will crop up that makes you laugh, eg, "neko ni koban" I had to ask for a translation, but any culture/language that comes up with something like that is pretty cool.

I think Japanese sounds good when spoken slowly, or when spoken by girls, but it starts to sound very chattery when you hear people belting away really fast.

Italian sounds very slick.... it's cool, but I can't put a finger on it.

French sounds great when a woman is speaking, but sometimes I hear men speaking french and it sounds very feminine... but it probably depends on the person.

I wonder what english sounds like to a non-english speaker...

I disagree MistaSparkle with your impression of the sound of Japanese girls - they speak in very low voices I find - very masculine, and lots of whining as well, which I can`t stand. But hey, I don`t want to harp.

Where were you last weekend ? I was in Tokyo looking to have some fun, I emailed you - What gives ? mad.gif \:D mad.gif

my bad barok... I had a crazy weekend with a friend in town for the week... I saw your mail but totally flaked and forgot to write back...

Next time you come down to Tokyo, holla at me beforehand and I'll make sure the party's planned and the girls are waiting! \:D

Quote:
Originally posted by MistaSparkle:
I've heard the low-voice japanese girls, and I still think it sounds good...
I get the impression that in your book a Japanese girl can do no wrong. \:D But I like the way Japanese sounds in general. Slower = better.

I sometimes think of cheese as a language. It has so much power to bring people together from all races and ages groups to enjoy its nutritiously nutritious and delicious flavor.

Don't you think so?

I think all languages are cool, but some sound much nicer than others.

I love the North Korea news broadcast womans voice - heard that one?

Quote:
Originally posted by amandanism:
i think thai is a nice language to hear. sounds dignified.
Really? Thai annoys me immensely, I like smooth flowing sounds like French not the high pitched computer sounds of SE Asia.

Maori in NZ is a deep mellow sounding language, I like hearing it, cant speak it, but listening is cool

The best language Ive heard is Romanian. It could be the fact that the one who was speaking it was incredibly sexy and spoke English most of the time except when....

\:D \:D \:D \:D

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

What ever you want it to be Zookie baby.

Still very hot language, just rolls of the tounge

from my misty memory and horrible spelling:

"Buna di mineata Principessa!"

or even better

"Vino se te pup"

or steaming

"Es place?"

or damn hot

"hi se facum dragoste"

grrrrrrrr :p