one or the other right?

i am a dry man, although i have only recently managed to adopt the daily routine, previously experiencing the pain of shaving 3 day growth with an old shaver on a regular basis.

but summer is a bummer. shaving and sweating dont mix well.

i do like to go all fluffy on the face once every couple o' years, cos it makes me feel like grizzly adams, and i get to check how my maturity is coming along.

interesting mika, interesting. i was thinkin a little while ago about buyin a eleccy shaver, but neva got round to it. any recommendations? confused.gif

personaly, i don`t rekon ya can beat a razor. i usually go weekends without shavin, unless i`ve got somthin `on`. then, on mondi mornin, tha whole shavin experience is pretty special.

eleccy shavers anygood? anyone?

just a thought.

from my experience (on my legs) the electric shaver doesnt give as close a shave but is good for a quick de-fuzz or if you dont want to lather up, but nothing beats the blade for smoothness (except perhaps waxing or epilation but I dont think youd be into that!)

ive used philishave and braun, and both are good if u shave regularly. the braun sucked at going thru a longer beard though. i will buy philishave next time, one i can rinse under the tap.

i havent wet shaved for many a year now, but i recall the fake sticky plastic-like feeling of a really close shave.

i hate shaving enough as it is, so taking longer than 30 seconds would dull my mood and send me into a downward spiral of depression and misery. hence i choose fast route.

I remember when I was younger and all I ever wanted was facial hair.... a friend of my older brother warned me against such foolish ideas saying:

"You'll hate it when you have to shave once or twice a day."

How right he was! But then again I'm glad I'm a guy who has to shave, rather than a woman. I've seen some unholy female moustaches in my time. bearded ladies......

You mean Gillette Mach 3. Dry? ouch.

It doesn't bother me to shave at all. I used to skip a day here and there but now I rarely go a day without shaving. Takes me less than a minute right out of the shower.

Anyone else notice Japanese girls don't tend to be in to the 1 or 2 day stubble?

i just found out that my japanese friend has no hair on her legs! neither do any of the women in her family. no shaving... must be a dream. have you lads come across other lucky smooth ladies?

Wet. Dry shavers give me a rash and leave me feeling itchy for the rest of the day.

I actually quite like shaving in a very "manly, this is my quiet time of the day, good for thinking about life" kind of way. As it only takes a couple of minutes i obviously don't have a lot to think about.... \:D

Depends how close I want the shave. Usually down on my face and up on my neck/chin. But I'm not afraid to up the whole face.

XXX - damn dude, that sucks. Knew a girl that only shaved from the lower thigh down. Is it really that difficult ladies?

Echineko - do you use a razor to shave your legs or do you just let it get nice a stubbly to help keep the Loose Socks up? \:D

If you want to go close on a wet shave, try shaving oil. It's much better than foams and creams. I use David Somersets.

http://www.somersets.com/

I've been using the classic one for six or seven years now, but from the website it looks like they've got some new types out. You only need a few drops.

I work at home, so I usually let it go for a couple of days before hitting it with the Mach 3.