Sweating - measures against....

I have experimented and when I chug the water in summer, say more than 2litres in addition to other drinks tea, juice etc ( regular day - no strenous exercise) I sweat like mad, but if I drink sensibly , enough and no more I dont sweat as much.

Many people probably know this, but if you wear a shirt and tie, be sure wear a t-shirt under your shirt. It's counter-intuitive because you think it would make you hotter, but it soaks up the sweat and protects your outer layer.

If anything drinking more water will help. Sweating isn`t so bad. Just have to get in the habit of carrying a cloth or small towel around everywhere to dry off. I can usually never get enough water. Sure I sweat like mad but water just tastes so good.

Get some of those sweat pads you can put under your shirt underarms. They can help a bit on bad days. But definitely putting a t-shirt on under shirts is a good idea.

Best idea is to work in a job that don't need no shirt and tie cool.gif

It took me three years to be convinced of the T-shirt deal, but now i'm never without it. Not only does it stop the sweat showing, it actually seems to slow the sweating down.

Has to be 100% cotton, however, same goes for the business shirt... (for those of you who like yer acrylics, I want to hear from your friends that they work in summer, not you!) ;\)

i'm backin the yakman.

before i was afraid to go into public because of my unsightly sweat stains. people would laugh and stare. i felt like a real outcast.

but uniclo changed all that. i got 3 tshirts about a week before this thread started and now im a new person.

the girls no longer snicker when they glance at me and i have the confidence to go anywhere i please.

thankyou tshirt. u've turned my life around.

A good sweat don't do anyone any harm! I have seen some poor individuals though sweating uncontrollably on the trains in mid-summer - they forgot their t-shirt under work short thing. I felt for them.

Our estate agent who is a rather attractive woman came round yesterday to tempt us into buying a house in the neighbourhood. Dressed in a black suit, it was not surprising that she was sweating profusely and dabbing furiously with a little flannel.

I rather enjoyed watching the beads of sweat form on her perfect white skin and then rolling down into her hair. It took a great effort of self-control not to say anything about it when so many possibilities were springing to mind.

I don't know what they're called, but little pad like things that you can put on the underarms of your shirt and they stick there - they help keep your shirts in decent condition when you're sweating continuously.