Seems so.

If there were developments, when do resorts make that kind of announcement? They year before, the fall, ?

I suppose a new lift or something like that would take quite a long time to make anyway, so people would know.

http://www.hakuba47.co.jp/today47.html

Line C quad lift - becomes a gondola!

Converting a quad to a gondola so it seems.

--------

クワットリフト「ラインC」ついにゴンドラ化!

メーカー:ライン8と同じメーカーだったようなA 311;

乗車人数:3人と少々少なめ

カラー:つや消しブラック

ラインCは4人乗りのリフトですが、そこに何故か 2468;ンドラ搬器が付いていました。

通常はロープに4人乗りのイスがぶら下っている 398;ですが、ここに箱状の乗り物が数台ぶら下るので す。

数年前からの構想で、「山頂のすばらしい景色を 342;様に楽しんで頂きたい」という思いで、着々と準 備が進められていたのです。うまく行けば夏季営 989;に運行出来るかもとの事?今のところは、まだ未 定。冬シーズン中は皆様も知っての通り、このリ 501;ト山頂付近は最高の景色が楽しめます。このゴン ドラが運行できれば、おじいちゃん、おばあちゃ 435;も安全に山頂まで行ける事が出来ます。本日、調 整と試運転でちょっと動かしてみました。「大丈 827;かなー」とドキドキして見ていましたが、無事、 何事もなく一周して帰ってきてくれました。これ 363;ら機械調整、検査を受け、めでたく運行となりま す。是非お楽しみに!

No, that's the legs of one of the 16 giant powder snow making machines that they're building in Sol-Fa, Ehime. It says on their website that just one of the machines will be able to cover a square kilometer with powder to a depth of 3 metres every 8 hours.

This winter is going to be different!

Thats gonna be a pain in the arse! One of the good things about the 4 man quad at 47 was doing easy laps of the trees. s'gonna be a hassle unstrapping the board every run!

How retarded mad.gif too right a pain in the arse. Those Gondola pods look tiny! the top of line c often gets hit by wind right at the very top so they will likely have to run the line a little slower during blustery conditions.

What possessed them???

The pods come with a novel, spring-loaded release mechanism. Before arrival at the terminal, a somewhat unnatural-sounding recorded voice says "Mamonaku touchaku shimasu. Oriru junbi shite kudasai". Then the pod doors fly open and the seats, which are mounted on a hinged arm, whip out of the pod and propel you at considerable speed back towards the start of the slope. This is expected to speed things up considerably.

Of course, some foreign guests are unlikely to heed the recorded warning and will get thrown out on their faces, stopping the gondola and slowing things down for everybody else. mad.gif

Gondolas are bad enough on a board, but they're a right royal pain on teles with the leash cords on your boots. Especially when you're too stiff to bend over and can't ski in the first place. \:o

If you read the Japanese, it says it's going from a quad to a triple. It's the only place at Goryu/47 where you get a bottleneck on busy days like the New Year holiday, so that's only going to get worse. You normally get good snow over New Year, so its worth going out in spite of the crowds.

The blurb says it's for allowing old dears to get to the top to see the view. They must mean old dears that can walk all that way from the gondola (a fair climb on the way back) or the pair lift Line D that isn't a gondola and thus by their own logic can't be safe for old people.

There are no toilets or anything at the top of the 47 quad, anyway.

This type of crap will loose them costomers. You now need to take your gear off 2 times just for a good slid down. this is how I would solve 47s lift probs. blpic25212.jpg

keeping everthing in the trees exposeing the lifts only when it cant be helped. I included 2 ways to get to the gondola level I forgot to add the c line quad but I woyld lower it to the point where the trees are (where everyone skis and gets caught).