Mosquitos: Are you tasty or not?

Keeping up with the insect topic:

I've noticed not everyone seems appealing to a mosquito. I haven't researched it but am quite sure some people get bitten more than others. I am luckily one of the people mosquitos just don't like to feed on. I don't think I've ever been bitten (and I camp on beaches, etc, quite frequently). However, my wife seems to be one of the "tasty" people. Mosquitos love her. Any ideas on this????

Why do some people get bitten and other don't?

i was the tastiest in the crowd (always figured the aussie mosquitos took a liking to my sweet english blood)...but after a long search i have found a partner who is sweeter than me.

it may take time, but its surely worth the effort.

Mozzies hate me! they will always eat everyone else around me. I was bitten once and ended up with a very bad dose of Malaria ( in Indonesia). My brother also, he ended up with cerebal malaria, it hit him when he was visiting me in japan and the ICU hospital bill was around $20,000AUD a day.

we don't like mozzies much anymore!

nightmares.. yes!

Malaria sometimes gives you nightmares and they were so bad that my bro was afraid to go to sleep.

never go without travel insurance.... its amazing what such a little thing can do to ones body.

i think i read somewhere that is has something to do with your blood chemistry. if you take b12 tablets, that should make you less appealing to them. I've pretty luckily untasty without it. speaking of nicknames, according to time magazine, the us one is "skeeter". was in an article about the west nile virus... pretty scary stuff going around the states.