Most Disliked Famous Person(s)

As a nation I'd say the UK has more than its fair share of celebrity bashers. We've even dedicated a number or newspapers to this pursuit, The Sun, The Mirror, The Star etc etc.

So who do you dislike the most? Does Madonna make you wanna throw a supermodel type tantrum or is Sly Stallone really just a dough eyed dimwit?

Personally I'd plump for Geri Halliwell (Ginger Spice), about as fake a a Luis Vitton handbag on a Japanese subway train!? Closely followed by every grandma's favourite chef.....Jamie 'owite mate' Oliver.....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admire Madonna, I don't always like what she does...

I think Becks gets a bad deal. ;\)

I don't like Eminem one little bit and his music annoys me a lot.

So what's yer problem with the chef? Bit of envy there is it?

Disliking Jamie is just full on tall poppy syndrome. He just does what he loves and does it rather well.

Talent, hard work and a real passion... he's one of the deserving...

Having known enough cockney types, I don't think he comes close to that, or even tries too. Whereever he picked up his casual lower class home counties lilt, it's a part of him now. He has worked in London for god knows how long anyway.

Don't worry Mr Matthews, you can loose your welsh accent if you like, I wont accuse you of being a fake ;\)

Tall poppy syndrome, the desire for a country's populi to chop all successful citizens down to the lowest common denominator.

apparently Steve Irwin " Crocodile Hunter" is rather dis liked in Oz.

Thats the tall poppie rearing it's ugly head again.

Aussies are quick to knock off any one who is doing better than them. It would come from jealousy wouldn't it? I imagine that if I could make as much cash as Steve does for doing what I love (surfing & boarding) someone would probably knock me down too.

I watched Mr. Irwin once on the plane back to England, and I dearly wished that he would get bitten by one of the deadly snakes he just couldn't seem to leave alone. A prize tosser.

With many famous persons, familiarity breeds much contempt. This has nothing to do with envy - I look at many celebrities and feel rather smug about not having sold myself out in some way and become a complete caricature.

Well, after the sixth time that Steve has said "And if oi wasn't there to help him, he would DOI!!!", you begin to wonder how there's any woildloif at all left in Australia, because he can't be helping all of it. Then you realize that even though he is a big oaf with no apparent sense of irony at all, that his ego is nearly expansive enough to fill the island continent. ("Yep, it's a male allroit!!!!")

Then there's the cheezy showbiz aspect of all his shows, the '1-2-3 walk in and talk' doinamic style of presentation that isn't cool or even honest. And on principle I'm suspicious of people who speak in an overly exclamatory style.

And when it comes to down to it, there probably isn't a great deal of need for this meat-head to get about grabbing poisonous snakes by the tail and 'vory neahlee getting bit'en!', apart from the need for him to make a buck. So it's really just a big circus in which the animals are so many dumb props.

Which makes him a bit of tosser to my mind.

I realise this isn't TV and I'm not pretty enough but I'll be your "Soo desu ne" girl on this one Ocean.

I once knew a business owner in Japan who used to play Auzie for the media and customers - right down to the hat with corks on it.

Jared:

I once knew a business owner in Japan who used to play Auzie for the media and customers - right down to the hat with corks on it.

Couldn't imagine who that'd be. Wouldnt be the same fella who parades his Nepalese employees around tryin to be 'the man' would it?

The Japanese pratt Akashiya Sanma (voted the #1 entertainer for many years) has got to be the most annoying overrated tosser in Japan, he absolutely sh**s me to tears. I cant not stand him at all. How he is so popular is mind boggling, it really brings home the gap between Western and Japanese humour

Eminem--his pinched, snotty adolescent sneer always on his face, and his early-teen, arrested-development childish anger at his Mommy and all the stuff I remember from 8th grade.

Another scrawny-but-wanna-be-big-man with tattoos and muscle shirts on his twiglike torso...another talent-free white rapper promoted by vampire record execs to utter superstardom over hundreds of better rappers who don't happen to be a white boy appealing to white middle-class suburban whining brats...

There's no other music that makes me change stations faster than Eminem.