Just for badmigraine I hereby ask all to record their puter/sofware crashes each day from today on.

Please include the general symptoms if you can.

With this hopefully we can tell badmigraine that HE IS ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING WRONG \:D

So far I am zero today. clap.gif

Damn, I am the first huh.

Excel crash on print preview. No choice but force quit. Then that don't work either, so end up logging off.

This usually happens about once a day so nothing new really. Time for a reinstall.

Windows machine by the way.

can i start from yesterday?

i run xp pro, put it to sleep last night while i had dinner, then it crashed when i started it up again. sweet fruck all was open, and it had been fully shut down earlier that same day. thumbs down. (note during thi type of crash the system does do a minidump so u dont lose unsaved data)

my putey doesnt like the sleep gig for long periods, but last night was a new low.

this morn i was advised my computer had recovered from a serious error...

so mark me down for one

You know Bill Gates orders hits on people who start threads like this, don't you? It's not like he can't afford it or anything...

XP Home working all fine and dandy here, yessir Bill. (I did try to warn them...)

So far so good here at home.

However, in the last week at work the network has crashed about 4 times and i had to reinstall Outlook.

XP has a nice "feature" of shutting down the network for no reason and then this causes all the computers on the network to crash completely. Ahhh fun and games!

I didn't crash yesterday or today!

BUT, does it count if I reboot to avoid a crash? I do this 4-5 times per day.

Um...about this bad transistor in my monitor that appeared yesterday making a black line: can you start another thread for hardware issues?

\:D

My computer gives me signs that it is nearing failure.

EXAMPLES:

The top of IE menu bars turns from green to lurid pink.

Words in toolbars and buttons (like "file", "edit", "back", etc.) turn into large numbers or martian characters

New browser pages load blank and un-clickable

I suppose some would deem this to constitute crashing in and of itself, but since other functions still work, it is not a total lockup.

However, if I don't reboot, within a few more minutes or double-clicks, it WILL be a total lockup.

So I reboot whenever this happens.

Very annoying!

Most annoying thing ever:

When I get near a crash, but before any of the obvious signs appear, here's what happens.

I write a post or reply on this board, then when I click a smiley or other gremlin, or click "Image" or "Italics", the entire page goes blank and I lose all my post forever...

Same thing happens on other BBS/forums too.

This darn computer!! I even have to save my SJG posts every 15 seconds now.

Sheesh!

YES! YES!!

Thank you, _freak!! Of all the posters here, you are the only one who figured out that all I needed was permission to smash this rotten hunk of circuits!

Nice idea about the truck. I live right next to a lake, and that is giving me some ideas too.

Well damn IE just "Unexpectantly Quit" on me. Stupid internet.

Anyway........

A lake you say. Definately some good destruction possibilities there.

But if you can't find a semi to hit your computer you could try taking to it with a 9 iron. I'd imagine it would wonders for anger management and stress relief. Jst make sure you have your protective goggles, failing that, your snowboard goggles should do the trick.

On the weekend my computer puked all!

It switched itself to Japanese mode then when i rebooted all my settings and stuff disappeared, then mail decides it doesn't like the correct information, then Safari decides to unexpectedly quit. What a circus!

All but mail is back to normal.

I think myabe I should leave my puter alone on the weekends and get out more.

My latest nightmare: round about 3 this afternoon, all menu bars and toolbars vanished. The remaining featureless panel was like looking at a television screen.

Though thankful in a way for the extra onscreen real-estate freed up by the newly-departed menu and tool and scroll bars, I found it very difficult to do anything at all without them.

After having resort to keyboard commands, I discovered why the toolbars and menus had fled the scene: the damn machine had locked up again! So all unrelated onscreen items immediately retired to a cyberbar somewhere and had a break while I rebooted the damn thing.

mad.gif

In my anger forgot to put this one up yesterday.

Excel program freeze and shut down upon using the print preview or print icons.

Seriously gotta get this fixed as I lost some pretty good work that wasn't saved because of this.

mad.gif

I will be happy to give my computer away to some poor sod, but I don't know one that doesn't have a computer! The ones who don't are not the poor sods.