I recently returned to Oz and renewed my drivers license which had expired. My new license was issued by a different state than was my old one. I was required to prove that I held a license in the other state as I had misplaced the actual expired license card. On the application form I ticked which class of license I was applying for (car). Then for the hell of it I ticked motor bike as well. The silly lady didn't check if I was qualified and issued me with an unrestricted engine size bike license as well as a standard car license. \:\)

nice one big fella, nice one! ;\)

hows this for a scam, on my recent trip home, i got a new international license- not a renewal. i was hopin to use the translation on it to get me J-license. as you would expect, i couldn`t, but that`s another story... anyway, they informed me that me inter. lic. was a no goer bcos i hadn`t spent three months in me `home` country bfore i came here. what is the deal with that?

Very nice work indeed. Those people at the RTA are real nazis so they deserve a bit of their own medicine. Anyone who puts a STOP sign right before the gutter coming out of the carpark at every RTA I have ever been to JUST so that kids will fail their license test AT LEAST ONCE deserve everything that they get.

powwers,

Is your visa status up to date in Japan or are you on a tourist visa? If you've been in Japan for more than a year your Int'l Lic in no longer accepted. You must get a j-license. I don't know if that's the problem you had or not...just trying to help.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a scam...

Ive had a mate in the US navy. He was on the Kitty Hawk aircraft carrier, had been out at sea for a couple of months and had a "tiger cruize" for family members. Said I was his cousin. I flew to Guam and had a few days holiday before sailing back to Japan and spending 4 nights on the carrier. One of the cooler things in my life. Was sitting with my legs hanging over the edge of the deck watching planes break the sound barrier 500m from where I sat

BA BOOOOOOOM

clap.gif