Anyone any good tips to get rid of - or even better - prevent hangovers.

The best I can do is drink gallons of water before sleeping, but usually forget to!

I'm off to a drink extraveganza tonight with free alcohol so I'll be in a bad way tomorrow unless someone points me in the right direction of a miracle.

Thanking yous

Before drinking:

- food.

whilst drinking:

- 1 glass of water for every 3 beers.

- try not to smoke too much ciggy.

- try to drink clean grog (no coke mixers, no chemical beer or cheap wine).

Before bed:

- more water than you can handle

- 4 asprin/disprin, whatever.

- 5 vitamin B tablets

Upon waking up:

- lots more water.

- a hearty shag.

- shower

- 2 of your GF's period pain tablets (these are like gold)

- 1 cold beer

- a bacon sambo

- 1 line of speed

- go to work.

Works, never fails.

i always stick to heaps of water before bed and heaps of grease in the morning.

the other day someone gave me a new one - there's an ingredient in vitamin C tablets called calcium ascorbate (or maybe sodium ascorbate). apparently this is very good for you, but taking heaps of vitamin C doesn't do you much good, because of the other ingredients.

supposedly you can buy calcium/sodium ascorbate at health food shops, and you just mix a teaspoon or so in to your water before bed and in the morning. hey presto! you're cured

but i don't know if this is true or not

Kind'a obvious and I know not very constructive but I just couldn't resist.

The best way to prevent a hang over is....

Wait for it!

DON'T DRINK ALCOHOL! ;\)

Drink shochu mixed 50% with water. That way you get your water intake and your pure booze at the same time, and reach a higher level of civilization.

If you have the time for it, drinking hot tea as opposed to water is less grim and more effective I find.

A cold half-eaten kebab from the fridge is also very comforting in the morning.

Shags before and after sleep. Ditto kebabs.

Quote:
Originally posted by Siren:
I thought the 'hearty shag' comes before sleep!?!!
No mate, before sleep is the very dirty shag. Close, but different to the next morning hearty shag.

It should be noted that I have not deployed my strategy for a few years now for want of some of the key ingredients being at hand at the right time. Furthermore, I do not drink during the week. The only time I have done so in Tokyo was dealt with by refusing to go to work (or get out of bed) until the hangover was gone. This required 2 days off work, although on the second day I bought new curtains. This is not part of the hangover cure. Now every day I suffer at the poorly sight of my bought-whilst-hangover-impaired interior window decorations.

On the weekend the solution is simple: stay asleep until the devil has left your head.

Purchases made when hungover are generally disastrous.

Thinking I had permanently damaged my eyes with drink, I went to the opticians the day after to get some glasses - I didn't care what they looked like as long as they were big and my eyes would stop hurting. For as long as it took me to break them, friends kept saying "We can't believe you got such ugly fuddy-duddy glasses. We always pictured you getting John Lennon goggles."

db, it sounds as though the shagging ingredients are to be found in dangerous quantities at Siren's place. lol.gif

Ukon - Okinawan tumeric - is renowned for helping with hangovers, in fact people say that you can drink more without feeling drunk if you take it beforehand.

Ukon is really good for the liver, thus it helps with alcohol. Probably best to take it before sleeping and then when you wake up, and even before drinking.

mogs i was going to say the same thing. Great minds think alike aye.

I generally drink heaps and heaps of water. Wake up (i always wake up super early when I've been drinking the night before - odd.) go for a nice gentle surf or a swim at the beach followed by some really greasy food. And water. Oh and Panadol the while your drinking heaps of water before bed!

Quote:
Originally posted by db:

Upon waking up:

- lots more water.
- a hearty shag.
- shower
- 2 of your GF's period pain tablets (these are like gold)
- 1 cold beer
- a bacon sambo
- 1 line of speed
- go to work.

Works, never fails.
Just one line? make it a big one
lol.gif

arent you forgetting the "beer poo"? A good dump the next morning seems to clear things up a bit, get the poisons outta the body and all that.

how un-ladylike of me

and before bed a monster cuppa tea and toast with generous lashings of marmite for extra vitamins and so you have something in your tummy and dont get the shakes the next morning.

drinking vodka cranberry seems to lessen the hangover effect too, all the vitamins in the juice, mmm

Quote:
Originally posted by zwelgen:
arent you forgetting the "beer poo"? A good dump the next morning seems to clear things up a bit, get the poisons outta the body and all that.
I love this girl!!! \:D clap.gif

I would marry you except that my current lodgings only have one dunny and I don't wanna be fighting for it when the hangover poo floods the tubes.

After beer poo!

our abbreviation AGB- after grog bog

which is followed by or sometimes before the AGM - after grog meal ( the greasiest food that we could get our hands on, helps it slide on out!!! eek.gif )