1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

The point is, paying a bribe leaves somebody who did actually commit a crime free to do it again.

In a country that actually executes people on the basis of the fiction that they represent a continuing danger to society, this is a curious double standard.

Presumably the state law was changed to address this aspect of law as protection rather than law as personal satisfaction.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you see, the change does not outlaw paying off the victim, according to the article (I only managed a quick glance through), it seems that it only prohibits payments over a period longer than one year.

Quote:
In a country that actually executes people on the basis of the fiction that they represent a continuing danger to society, this is a curious double standard.
Talking about that, what about the recent movie star-turned-politician who admitted to 'improper conduct towards women' (read 'pawing') but still got elected? Not a whisper of prosecution. I don't know the actual facts but was that not a crime?

But let's not go there as I don't think I can go another round. \:D

Quote:
Originally posted by Siren:
what about the recent movie star-turned-politician who admitted to 'improper conduct towards women' (read 'pawing') but still got elected? \:D
The prosecution rests, M'lord...

didn't yall see the interview with the british dude? i watched it again just the other day and the shot of jacko being interviewed with his 12yr old friend was v disturbing. jacko often calls him and his sister on the phone. this boy admitted to sleeping in jacko's bed. and during part of the interview he's holding jacko's hand and resting his head on jacko's shoulder with a very dreamy look in his eyes. it totally freaks me out.

nekobi, I watched maybe 2/3 of that interview, but I found both MJ and Martin Bashir so intolerably creepy that I had to stop watching. I felt polluted.

A large part of my suspicion of MJ is based on how he sought to present himself to the world through that interview.

It can also be argued that MJ abuses his own children. Many celebrities have to consider the impact of intense media focus on their children. Among them, only MJ seems to have hit upon the idea of forcing them to wear masks and have sheets draped over their heads all the time when he takes them 'out'. That is just sick behaviour on his part.

yeah i wonder about his kids. do you think he really is their caregiver or does someone else do that and they are just brought out for publicity stunts like when he was in berlin? bc the masks/scarves thing is freaky. those kids are probably going to be way ****ed up when they are older.

OK not quite part of the molesting kids thing, but..

I'm just watching a report that says that Wacko has earned over half a billion dollars in his career - yet he's "broke". Er, what the hells he done with his dosh??? He can't have spent it all in Toys'R'Us.

One of his brothers on CNN Larry King last night, Jermain I think.

LK : So what about all that plastic surgery you're brother has had?

JJ : Michael is a wonderful human being.

LK : Yeah, but what about the plastic surgery.

JJ : Michael has brought so much pleasure to the world and is a wonderful person.

LK : Oh ok, next question. Do you believe any of the rumors about your brother?

JJ : Michael is a wonderful human being. You can decide, but he is wonderful.

etc

lol.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...