That sale I told you about finished but this year or next more than likely next as I dont really need and new gear.

How to paint skis I want to paint some fatties I just bought anyone got any good pattern ideas.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
anyone got any good pattern ideas.
Yes, I have.

On the top, 2 narrow go-faster stripes in white, slightly offset to the outside, on an English Racing Green background (or other colour to suit your current skiwear).

On the bottom, tire tread in crushed snow grey/blue on a white/blue background.

It should be very easy to make templates for these patterns, and it would look really cool. When you get orders in from the ski companies for more of these designs, kindly direct them to me.

how many mm (or cm) underfoot on those skis, fattwins?

lighter touring bindings? yeah, would be good but i figure if you gotta take your skis off to slap on your skins anyways, clicking into the trekkers are the least of your worries. a bit more versatile too cos i can use them with my other skis as well \:\)

The problem with trekkers are many.

Always have extra bolts in your pack they can fall out, happens to almost all of them. Dont learn the hard way and have them fall out 2 hours into a hike.

Second standing on them in deep snow is a pain in the butt.

3rd sliding downhill on them on traverses is a pain in the but you must really sit back or you will go over.

4th too high for good touring (25% harder than touring bindings)

5th wieght heavy on your legs hard to kick em up.

6th cant change the angles without bending down again not hard but try getting up if you fall over not easy.

7th added pack weight.

Best Thing about them is that you get to use your higher performance bindings which you trust more.

After 5 years of them I dont want to use them anymore. I watched my buddy ride the park and take cliffs in the back Country with regular Diamirs so the Freerides should be pretty good. Heck they are getting even stronger.

Unless you have extra skins how can you use the trekkers with your other skis. the pow airs and the big stix are too different to be able to use the skin effectively on both.

Those skis are 130 110 120 160cms but old they are rock skis or skis for dust on crust/holy crap there is pit deep snow today days.

other ones are 130 106 120 or there abouts 180. I bought them to hand out to buds or bang rocks with. I love my deep powders and LBFs too much to hurt them.

Cost 2man

I think a little minor inconviennce during the short hikes we do is well: Well: I say WELL: worth

1) loosing the 4 man spent on treckers so far and

2)loosing the 6 man we have spent on good bindings for those skis and

3) the 6+ man it would cost for 2 pairs of new BC bindings.

and - Those skis need painted all right! - I would be tempted to make them all black with a "no sponser" sticker on them.

My thoughts were as follows a basic color with some funky kanji on it. Ie Are you you crazy in kanji or fly high something stupid cause the wife is great at making stencils.

Im not saying you wasted your money just next time around the money used for normal binders could go to the next naxos or freeride bindings.

That is my plan.

I found so many great lines around Hakuba that ended on summer roads. they are flat and take 10 to 30 mins to push out on. with a free heel you can fly and use half the energy.

Cpt stag I am serious about the bolts make sure you have extras, you can find the right size for 400 yen (10 pack) or put lock tight in them dont worry it wont freeze the motion.

Thinking of going for a season pass this time round - oh its all so difficult, this damn work always seems to either get in the way or not let me do what I want when I want. \:\(

Oh yeah, wouldn't mind meeting a cute dude to keep me warm as well ;\)

Fattwins,

Still want sum help paintin yur skis?? cool.gif

Lets have a BBQ sometime eh? Weather is cooling off some and the days are getting shorter - a few beers outdoors in Kyoto along the river would be nice or everybody can come to my place... you just gotta bring a BBQ grill \:D