• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Tsurugidake which is climbed on the weekend. It's just north of Tateyama and the Murodo plain.

blpic27347.jpg

Looking down from about 3/4 of the way up. You can just make out where all the tents are next to the hut. This picture was from mid August. In July the snow line on the right would make a great summer ski.

blpic27348.jpg

This is the fun part near the top. Photo taken from this site

class4.jpg

That was the hardest scramble I have done but really it wasn't so bad. Not climbing at all though. Just really steep scrambling. Lots of handholds and chains if you get sketched out.

I am really getting into more and more steep stuff like this. Normal hiking just doesn't do it for me as much anymore. Still fun but unless I'm getting into new places it get boring.

You family sounds really cool there Fattwins. Are they into skiing as well other than the wife?

K2_Shuksan_Randonee_Skis_Skis.jpg

This is what the interntet says about them

"Shuksan" is a Nooksack Indian word meaning "steep and rugged" and the name of an imposing peak in the North Cascades of Washington. If you're fortunate enough to cast your eyes upon it, you'll understand how it got its name. A few turns on these skis, and you'll understand why we borrowed the name for our new, high-performance randonnee ski. The Shuksan is built for advanced and expert skiers looking for alpine performance in a lightweight package. A 75 mm waist provides plenty of float, and the 14.0 sidecut is precise and accurate. Two sheets of titanium alloy make this ski smooth, supple and damp, even on hard windblown and frozen corn. Whether your focus is on first descents or simply first tracks, this ski will not disappoint.

Bought these skis today in tokyo for super cheep. 10,000. I am so fired up about that. 185 cm. Im going to put either FR or Naxo bindings on them. Most likely FR cause they are easier to get.

So far they passed the walking test as I walked for like 2 hours around tokyo with them. The didn&t pass the subway test though as when I sat down I had some real trouble betting them past the luggage rack. Took 3 tries before I manouvered them to lean up against the wall. May have been the beer in my hand that also made this difficult.

Also picked up TGR's High Life for 800 yen. Really sweet deal as I saw it in another store for 4000. clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

So I am super fired up right now and maybe a little drunk. Im in tokyo drinking and have already have 4 or 5 beer and am on my way out for a full night of tokyop entertainment on my last but of money before payday.

My dad is in the process of ordering the things once I figure the shipping and everything else Ill quote a price. skis about 65000 for 3 pairs the shipping will be another 30000 but it could be higher or lower. Whatever those skis are 45000 at their cheapest here and you cant get 192 period.

Yuki dont you wish

I got rid of it and am going to right it up better later. I read it over and it didn't make any sense. I must have been way drunker than I thought when I posted it. I guess drinking a 6 pack and then writing stuff on the internet doesn't really work for me. I had almost 10 beer before getting to the club.

That is to much for me for another pair of skis. But it is a good deal. I have to come up with money for touring bindings now. And save for a trip to the states in March.