• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have a look. Nothing to interesting if I do have any. It really isn't that difficult. Yari is more exposed. It's just that the daikaretto is much much longer. There are some airy parts but overall it's pretty fun.

Have you traversed between the North Hotaka and Middle Hotaka? That is more difficult than the daikiretto.

I did Tsurugidake on the weekend. It's just north of Tateyama. That was fun. My steepest climb yet. If they didn't have chains it would be a rock climb. I did just about all of it without the chains though. I just don't trust them but I had to hold on to them for a sketchy traverse on the way back down.

That looks really nice. I want winter so bad. What was it like 35 in Toyama yesturday. A wee bit hot. That picture of yours looks nice and cold though.

An old timer in my home town of Chilliwack who pioneered many of the mountains always used to say about climbing

"There is one thing you have to remember when climbing. Don't Fall"

And

"If you can't tie a good knot. Tie lots of crappy ones"

I like that crap line cause I cant tie a knot for poop. I really want to learn a few, cause some of the quick pits that you might want to dig are in the worst places and you would want to be roped up to something or something and someone.

That pic is in a great place so many lines through there. That day It was the four of us hitting tree chute after tree chute, Meadow after meadow. Ocean that is the suwa boys there in front.

Last pic goryu bc short 300 meter but really steep little hill... not easy to find really.

sorry the wife took it off angle, I dont have a good photo editer. blpic27215.jpg