Recently I really don't want to go to most enkais that I get invited to, and am running out of good ways to turn down the invitation. It's usually "I'm busy" or "I'm not feeling too well", but they get really tired. Perhaps I should try just "I don't want to go!" lol.gif

Maybe its because I had cool people to work with but I love going to enkais - just getting hammered with the coworkers and speaking Japanese for a few hours is always good fun. Just make sure you dont blurt out that you wanna eat some of the sushi off of your sexy coworkers naked body \:o People may look at you strange wakaranai.gif

Thats right. First of all find out discreetly if it is already paid for or will bust the bank 5000 yen. If paid for, you can then go for it if you want to, silly excuse if you dont .

Not necessarily - I've been to some at amazingly extravagent hotels, with fantastic meals - would have cost a fair bit more than it actually did (11000 yen) if it wasn't in the deal that we got. Not exactly my type of do, but it was impressive all the same.

Paying for "health" services. nudge nudge.

My office doesn't seem to have many, and I have recently enjoyed the few we had more. A place I worked at before it was just overkill, there seemed to be an enkai every few weeks.

Some good ideas there. I've asked a few Japanese friends, who always say "they lie". I'm just not really into the idea of lying all the time,