A freeky storm going on here right now. The loudest thunder and lighteningy-est lightening I have ever seen. こわーーーーーーい!   eek.gif eek.gif

We had a mental thunder storm the other night. It went on for nearly an hour. Finally it went quiet for 10 minutes. Then suddenly something just outside our house went zzzzzszZZZZZZOtTT - BANG!!!

Apparently it killed all TV service to the houses on the other side of the road. It sounded like a howitzer shell coming in. I'm bloody glad it didn't hit our house...

i got one of those lighting towers behind my house about 50meters away. Its pretty freaky when you here the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbam as ocean says.

Speaking of storms is the news still debating over that tornato that hit that town. updraft my ass

Quote:
Originally posted by mina2:
A freeky storm going on here right now. The loudest thunder and lighteningy-est lightening I have ever seen. こわーーーーーーい!   eek.gif eek.gif
Sweet! I wish I was there! honestly! I love a good thunder storm!! My "hobby" is taking photos of lightning. I got some goodies here in Japan including one on video that caused me to kack my dacks. Awesome awesome stuff. Love it.
I grew up on the West Coast of the South Island of NZ and that area is renowned for its cracking good thunderstorms, just ask Davo he grew up there too.
I have heard thunder so loud and powerful it was more like a bomb going off, it was hard to believe that it was actually thunder.

\:D

i too like thunderstorms. a bit of an adrenalin rush.

singapore had some wicked thunderstorms...really sporadic too. would be a clear blue sky and then BAM. singapore also has the highest rate of death by lightning strike in the world apparently. which isnt so cool.

Thats one thing we just dont get enough of here in Japan - good thunderstorms. I use to love to sit on my porch and listen and watch the sky light up like a fireball. Storms are wicked - The electricity in air is so thick you can cut it with a knife. Its too bad we only get a couple a year \:\(

Quote:
Speaking of storms is the news still debating over that tornato that hit that town. updraft my ass
Whats that about then?

Yes the thunderstorms I grew up with were an awesome spectacle of natures power-they scared the shit out of me when I was a little boy. You get some pretty good ones here in Japan and I like the ones in the tropics too.

Davo,

We get some good ones here in Japan? Dont know if I agree with that as we rarely get any good thunderstorms (at least in terms of frequency), its usually just rain. It seemed like throughout the summer almost every afternoon back in the States the sky would turn as black as night and lightning bolts would race across the sky like racecars. Damn that was so cool. Scary, but sweet as to watch.

I read an article a week ago or so that said about a dozen people or so were all hit by some lightning while out on the golf course confused.gif Usually its just one guy, but a dozen plus? lol.gif

Trying to drive to work today in a storm and just about run out of fuel. I went to the gas station and was told that it was too dangerous to pump gas in a thunder storm. Just a I was leaving a giant bolt ripped across the sky above the gas station and made all the people there duck for cover.

I hope I have enough fuel to get back to the gas station now.

Maybe not that frequent or as long in duration Yuki's Passion, but I've experienced some kick ass fear inducing booms here. The ones me and kamo grew up with were fearsome, like your house was a boat at sea in a thunderstorm.