I've had a few omelettes here where the egg was very wobbly. Not keen myself. What do they call it in Japanese where the egg is only partly cooked?

I really do not like eating things with a consistency and texture similar to some bodily fluids. Raw egg is one such thing. When eating sukiyaki I will tolerate it for about the first 10 dips and after that I put the slime away. After all, the meat becomes so overwhelmingly fatty after a while that some sticky egg funk is the last thing I need.

I do however put raw egg into certain smoothie style drinks. It is not the concept of raw egg that grosses me, it is what it feels like in my mouth.

The most revolting thing I have ever tried to eat was torroro, raw egg and natto on cold soba (not sure if I spelt torroro correctly... it is grated yam). However it is handy to know which Japanese girls happily consume such textures.

eating just raw egg is not good....but with sukiyaki you gotta have it!

have you ever tried tamago onsen? you put the egg in onsen water and it cooks the outside perfectly but the inside is still raw. or is it the other way around....ususally those places also have 10 or more differnet kinds of salt too, delicious!

• 1 month later...

Hey welcome orinoco!

I had forgotten all about the wombles. Thanks for the reminder. Top avatar of the moment that one!

Raw egg on rice.......blah. Dipping the sukyaki in it is OK though.

"Underground, overground wombling free....."

Quote:
Originally posted by stripper on coke:
what about the raw egg in a glass trick ?? Saw Rocky drink a few of them before training - is that supposed to be good for you..... wakaranai.gif
Ahhh.... When I was about 10 i got challenged to a "fight". Since i'd just seen "Rocky" I promptly downed the magic egg expecting to become a fighting machine. It was hard to swallow....and frickin gross. I made a dash to the fight site and got my arse whooped - due to the egg churning away in the tum......as least that's my story and i'm sticking to it. :p