Those of us still in Japan - obon

Many people out of the country now. Those of us who are sticking it out (literally), getting holidays from work in obon week or working? I only get 2 days off.

Still in Japan and loving the summer holidays.

In Ogasawara, an Island 26hours south of Tokyo by ship (there is no airport) ,and working at the marine centre with Green Turtles whilst getting in as much free diving and awsome surf as possible in these crystal clear blue warm waters!!!

Certianly don`t want to go back to work proper in a month and halfs time!! Still enjoy the work and stinking heat all you stuck on mainland!!

yeah yeah farquah rub it in!!!! well at least I get to look look forward to summer sonic and the large number of filthy hot chicks that'll be there ;\) great stuff!!! not to mention all the nice bars around here \:D

see ya when u get back

How big is that pond in Kamkura compared to Shinobazu, slow? You've got me curious. There's also a pond in Korakuen, it's a lovely spot, but it's not so big and the few times I've turned up over the years the lotuses had already finished flowering.

db - yup, that sounds like the place. It's a pretty wild ocean of leaves allright and the flowers are stunning. If you were there in July/August last year and there were buds but no bloomers this might have been because you might have been there too late in the day. The flowers open in the early morn and start to close as the sun gets higher and it gets too hot for them. This year is a bumper lotus blossom year. I've never seen so many. Since around the 2nd week of July it's been incredible. I hope they keep it up like this all thru August. Last year (with such a pissy summer) was lousy. Another possible reason why you may not have seen any blooming, since it was a short and barren flowering season.

How does one upload pics? I have some nice ones. Clicking the Image button, it seems I have to upload them to a website first, is that correct? Anyone help me out here?