The Ultimate FOOTBALL Thread (04/05)

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Gerrard has set his stall out now, and it will be very hard for him to leave if we get in the top 3 of the premiership or the champions league semis. Anything less than that and I will be amazed if he stays.

If he does go though, we will get shitloads of cash for him, so good on him - thats how a true liverpool player should behave. None of this bullshit that Owen did, saying one thing then sneaking out the backdoor going against his word (and for a pathetic transfer fee).

I wonder who Rafa will bring in in January?

Quote:
Originally posted by bobby12:
this bullshit that Owen did...
On the subject of which, he's got his suit on again "A-o-yama! A-o-yama!"

He must have some clause in his contract because his ads don't end up on their website.

I kind of meant him skipping out on liverpool but ok fair dos.

I think Man Utd are still after Gerrard. But would he really be a united boy? If he went to Man Utd, he'd be the new Keano. Is he really gonna have the spirit keano had for man utd?

It's tricky, he's a winner and he will give it his all, but I just wonder whether his heart would be 100% in it at Man Utd. I think that doesnt matter so much somewhere like Chelsea or Real Madrid because they have, in my opinion, a different club philosophy where its more about tactics and ability rather than guts and team (not teen) spirit.

I just read this, and accidentally copied it below. Part in bold - what a load of rubbish. They'll be looking over their shoulders soon enough. 8 points is no way "in the bag".

-----

Sunday's match between Arsenal and Chelsea is going to a cracker - and it's going to be close.

I think it will end up 1-0, and it could go either way.

If Chelsea were to win and open up an eight-point gap at the top of the table, I think you have to say that will be the Premiership title in the bag.

They are too good a team to lose two or three games and allow the others to catch them.

People say they will have a blip in their season, but you have to ask where?

Will they lose to Manchester United or Liverpool? I don't think so.

Remember, this time last year everybody said Arsenal would wobble, but they went through the entire season unbeaten.

Obviously, Chelsea can't match that feat after losing to Manchester City.

But Arsenal need to inflict a second league defeat on the Blues if they are going to open up the race to be champions.

The game could be fought out in midfield, where Arsenal are going to have play kids because of Patrick Vieira's suspension and the injuries to Edu and Gilberto Silva.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has a lot of faith in Francesc Fabregas and Matthieu Flamini, but are they the right players to face Chelsea?

Fabregas gets all over the pitch and he will be told to continue to do the things he is good at.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho will tell Frank Lampard to do the same.

Robben has been outstanding for Chelsea in recent weeks

But if Lampard doesn't manage to make his trademark runs from deep and get in the box, Chelsea will suffer.

However, I think the Chelsea wingers will have a big impact.

Arjen Robben has been out of this world. He has fantastic pace, he gets into the box and he gets goals.

And Chelsea are also getting the best out of Damien Duff.

Having said that, at the other end, will John Terry and Ricardo Carvalho be able to cope with Thierry Henry or Robert Pires, who often appears able communicate telepathically with Henry?

And then there's Jose Antonio Reyes, who has added to Arsenal's array of attacking talent.

And the tactical battle between Wenger and Mourinho will be fascinating.

Arsene does not get too caught up with the opposition, he prefers to concentrate on the strengths of his own team.

But I think Mourinho analyses the opposition quite a lot.

And I think he may get trapped into concentrating too much on trying to negate Henry and Reyes and Arsenal will be able to take the game to Chelsea.

For that reason, I fancy Arsenal to win.

The only English club I can see Gerrard going to is Chelsea, they'll just completely outbid anyone fee-wise and the team are showing their spunk this season and seem capable of winning things. (Even if I think/hope they won't!)

Unless Gerrard is adamant to go elsewhere, and him being a scouse Liverpool fan, it's hard to see him demaning to go to Utd, Arsenal or C Palace (sorry, DB its just a dream).

Whatever. He's a brilliant player though, I really hope he doesnt go. The day he went would truly be a sad day. (Unlike "Judas" "Aoyama" "Two Pants" Owens departure...)

Quote:
He must have some clause in his contract because his ads don't end up on their website.
Yeah, must be.

BUT. I've got my vid all ready to tape that ad next time it's on. Then IT WILL be sent & shown & laughed at in Liverpool. Hahahahahahahahah.

That article is a complete load of crap. I don`t understand how people are seriously saying we`ll win the premiership if we open up an eight point lead. 8 points is nothing. We might win it but i still reckon it`s way too close and too early to call. It was less than a month ago that everyone was saying how Arsenal were going to run away with it again and they were looking unstopable. Plus if Robben gets injured we could go right back to having to sweat through 1-0`s.

And also we`re going beat Arsenal 3-1 ;\)

2 years ago, weren't United behind Arsenal 9 points as late on as February....and then went on to win?

It needs Chelsea to slip up a bit, and for other teams to go on winning streaks. But yes that is a pile of crap that article.

Terry will score the first with a storming run past three players. Drogba the second with an overhead kick after Robben`s shot from the half way line rebounds off the upright and A.Cole scores the third after a horrifc mix up with Lehmann/Alumnia. (Henry will get the consolation with a penalty via diving over the referee`s outstretched leg)

It came to me in a dream......

Arsenal vs Chelsea.

Good game good game - good result. Share those points, boys.

It was funny, I instincively cheered every goal! If anyone was to win, I wanted Arsenal. But I hate Arsenal. And I wanted a draw.

lol.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by grungy-gonads:
I had a dream last night. In it, Everton won the Premiership. Honest.
lol.gif Bizarrely my dream-inspired prediction of 3-1 didn`t come true. Although fortunately a headless dwarf didn`t spring out at me from a classroom and stab with a spoon either. Gotta take the rough with the smooth.